aurion manual?

prodigy 07

Ok guys. Dumb question I know but a mate of mine swears he has seen a manual aurion. I told him they only come in a 6 speed auto but he wasn't convinced. Got me 2nd guessing myself. Never heard of a manual. Anyone got one? (I already know my mate can let his mouth run before his brain)

Cheers guys. Didn't think I was going that crazy just yet. I also only just discovered that the new sportivo comes with paddle shift. Anyone know about fitting this setup to the older model or is the lexus is350 wheel like Steven fitted still the way to go?

He was probably thinking Camry, which do have a manual option. From factory, there has not been a manual Aurion.

edit: That's wierd, I didn't see any of those previous responses.

And yes, it is stoooopit of Toyota not to issue a manual for the Aurion. And from what I've been informed, it is very doable.

Cheers guys. Didn't think I was going that crazy just yet. I also only just discovered that the new sportivo comes with paddle shift. Anyone know about fitting this setup to the older model or is the lexus is350 wheel like Steven fitted still the way to go?

Now that sounds like fun :)

Indeed it does. Just doing a little costing research to work out if I can justify it. I believe it was around a grand for the lexus wheel and airbag that steven used. Kinda hoping that a sportivo wheel might be a bit easier on the pocket.

Indeed it does. Just doing a little costing research to work out if I can justify it. I believe it was around a grand for the lexus wheel and airbag that steven used. Kinda hoping that a sportivo wheel might be a bit easier on the pocket.

Just out of curiosity how responsive is the wheel, I mean if it's anything like the sports shift I doubt it would be worth it.

If I had the cash I would go for gears on the floor :)

100% agree. I doubt the paddle shift will give any more than the stock setup as far as responsiveness. Just think it would be a cool mod if I can do it within budget. Looked at a manual conversion using the lotus gearbox but WAY too many $. I know it has been done before, kinda hoping the new sportivo setup will help get it happening a bit cheaper. (Props to steven who did it with the lexus wheel. Don't want to take anything away from his efforts. As far as I know, the only man in the world to have owned a paddle shifted aurion)

I recently looked at a TRD Aurion and it was manual

Really? Don't happen to live around Lithgow do you. I asked the question cause a mate of mine works there and swears he drives past a car yard that has an aurion with "6 speed manual" plastered across the windscreen. Told him I want the ph # of that car yard but haven't heard back yet. Sorry Heathaurion, I think both you and my mate are mistaken but would love if I was proven wrong.

Nope I'm in townsville.. I remember I looked at this car a few months after I bought mine and was thinking hmmmm only trd's must do manual... The other conclusion is that some cool dude deuche bag might of put a rubber boot around the automatic gear selector to make it look manual ?!?

• Like 1

Hey Guys, I found something interesting in wikipedia, don't know how trust-able it is.

it list all the models of the aurion.

All I can think of is, the aurion might be possibly import if that is possible.

!!! ZSV402.0 L 3ZR-FE inline-four (petrol)102 kW (137 hp) (SAE)189 N·m (139 lb·ft) 6-speed manual / 4-speed U241E automatic

ACV41 2.0 L 1AZ-FE inline-four (petrol)100 kW (134 hp) (SAE) 108 kW (145 hp)190 N·m (140 lb·ft) 4-speed U241E automatic

ACV40 2.4 L 2AZ-FE inline-four (petrol)127 kW (170 hp)224 N·m (165 lb·ft) 5-speed U250E automatic

AHV40 2.4 L 2AZ-FXE inline-four (hybrid petrol)140 kW (188 hp) CVT P311 automatic

GSV40 3.5 L 2GR-FE V6 (petrol)200 kW (268 hp)336 N·m (248 lb·ft) 6-speed U660E automatic

GSV40 3.5 L 2GR-FZE V6 (s/c petrol)241 kW (323 hp)400 N·m (295 lb·ft) 6-speed U660E automatic

Nope I'm in townsville.. I remember I looked at this car a few months after I bought mine and was thinking hmmmm only trd's must do manual... The other conclusion is that some cool dude deuche bag might of put a rubber boot around the automatic gear selector to make it look manual ?!?

Kinda wishing you took that car for a test drive. If indeed a manual exists, you would have been the envy of everyone else here had you bought it.

Nickio, your post seems to agree with my thoughts. While other versions may have been available overseas, the two versions available here were both equipped with 2gr engines (either supercharged or not) and auto transmissions.

Nickio, your post seems to agree with my thoughts. While other versions may have been available overseas, the two versions available here were both equipped with 2gr engines (either supercharged or not) and auto transmissions.

yep Prodigy.

Can't seems to find anywhere mention an Australia Aurion with Manual at all.

But yeah, oversea version are basically based on a Camry with Aurion body (or shape or whateva) which even AU camry also does have Manual.

And back to the Flappy Paddle shift i saw mentioned on this thread. Doesnt really make much of a different on an Aurion.

since you can't really do much with it.

With the triptronic, you cannot shift up when you want, it just only limit the gear to that gear.

And if you do redline 1st it will go straight to 3rd when you shift up.

• Like 1

This is true nickio, spend most of my time in sequential mode just cause I want something to do with the left hand. Just figured it would be a cool mod to do. Not really expecting too much from it.

Just come from a workshop today, he uses aurion engine on an ae86, ..I have a looking for this car today and it is a well crafted car..that ae86 appears on wtac drifting..it uses a supra and hilux diff

I have also a look for the lotus evora which uses an aurion engine, interesting to see what gearbox they are using

Edited by ben yip

I have also a look for the lotus evora which uses an aurion engine, interesting to see what gearbox they are using

They use the 6-speed box out of an Avensis diesel, and it isn't regarded as one of the best features of the car...
  • Like 1