OMG HELP

mznashiz

Ok so i bought an 06 aurion sportivo from townville put it on a car carrier to Brizzy and went and picked it up and it has the VSC error come up managed to take it to a toyota dealer and the young bloke so kindly reset the codes and told me my back tyres were screwed so getting new tyres as we speak, anyways we turned the car off and the damn code has come back on!!! what the hell??? we have spoken to a number of different toyota mechanics who suggested different things is it possible the back tyres are that bad it keeps giving this warning like i said we are getting new ones but wondering if this is a common cause or what???

I doubt that worn back tyres are your problem. The fact that the error code appeared again means that whatever is causing it is still there. I believe the vsc warning light will light up when the ecu logs an error code regarding range of problems (not just vehicle stability control). I recently had my battery replaced and it took about 15 k's of driving with maybe 4 engine start/ stop cycles before it dissappeared. Could be as simple as your battery is low on charge.

• Like 1

ok so we worked out the front tyres were a different size to back i'm assuming the previous owner whacked cheapies on for the rwc we put new tyres on it and it was sweet till 20 mins later and it popped again then we got it home we decided to check the battery to make sure it was connected properly cos who know what a car carrier mob does when they transport vehicles the battery was connected up tight but we just disconnected the battery hoping to reset the computer and after reconnecting it and taking the car for a long ***** drive no VSC error so hopefully we have sorted it if not off to the toyota dealer we go again

Yeah. That would probably do it. I was assuming you had same size tyres all round. You need to run same diameter all round or computer will sense that one is spinning faster than another and log an error code.

lol we didnt even pick up on that and neither did the bloke at toyota he picked up on the high spots and feathering in tyres not tyre size til we got to the tyre shop and the bloke realised it, so far so good and loving the car

• Like 1