Advise on reducing body roll?

l32

Does anyone know a good and preferably affordable way to reduce the body roll on turning?

I'm driving Corolla Sedan Sport 2011 and it seems even normal turn on a corner has so much body roll. I can especially feel it if I'm in a passenger seat.

Has anyone on this forum applied modifications like this? If so where did you do it and where do you source the parts? I'm not a mechanic so installing after market equipment myself is not the best option for me. Thanks all.

I just installed TRD sportivo suspension (front sway, springs - lowers height by 25mm and shocks) in my 2011 corolla hatch. Handles like a dream now.

Hi EMZ51, where did you get it installed if you don't mind sharing? I don't believe the official Toyota garage handles jobs like this? Or do they?

Needham Automotive - the mechanic there used to work for Toyota. Plus he's a good friend. Took up his whole day installing it...cost me $400.

Hi EMZ51, thanks for the info, did you have to source the TRD parts yourself? I take it that $400 is installation only.

Also I just realised that you are in Queensland so it's a bit far to get to that mechanic as I'm in Victoria :P

Anyone know a good shop in Victoria?

Edited by l32

Hi EMZ51, thanks for the info, did you have to source the TRD parts yourself? I take it that $400 is installation only.

Also I just realised that you are in Queensland so it's a bit far to get to that mechanic as I'm in Victoria :P

which part of vic you from

which part of vic you from

I'm based on northern part of Melbourne, but tends to stick around the CBD

Edited by l32

Found the parts on EBay. Still in sealed original boxes for $1100 inc freight. Couldn't let that pass up =)

That is pretty awesome deal considering what you get in that package!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I can only speak from my personal experience with my Corolla, but making the chassis more rigid with anti-sway bars will reduce the body roll significantly. Lowering the car (which means you are lowering the center of gravity) might help a little bit, but I think a suspension upgrade would help a lot more...but is obviously a more costly exercise.

Take a look at this http://www.whiteline.com.au/vehicle_swaybars.php

making the chassis more rigid with anti-sway bars will reduce the body roll significantly.

To be pedantic, anti-roll/sway bars do not make the chassis more rigid - that is the job of strut/chassis braces. Even the stiffest chassis in the world will have significant body roll if the suspension is soft.

Strut and chassis braces stiffen the chassis

Stiffer springs reduce body roll but decrease ride comfort as well as making the ride bouncy/stiff over dips/bumps

Anti-roll/sway bars allow softer springs for ride comfort and in dips/bumps but reduces body roll by twisting when one wheel attempts to travel more than the other

Hey ppl...

Ive upgraded to a thicker rear sway bar and added a strut tower brace... doing so after reading from a few forums and threads including one on here mostly full of aurion owners discussing ultra racing........ Now... Im just wonderin if anyone has any experience a front lower bar such as this:

http://www.ultraracing.my/catalog/index.php?id_product=2630&controller=product

Or even these:

http://www.ultraracing.my/catalog/index.php?id_product=2633&controller=product

The same thread that i metioned earlier seemed to think a front lower bar wouldnt work so great with a front wheel drive.

Thoughts?