Remote Central locking

casperam

Hi Guys

I posted here before but post was lost.

I have decided to upgrade my manual door locks on My Hilux Workmate 4x2 to remote central locking and have noted that the doorlocks are cable operated.

Does any one recommend a suitable kit for the conversion.

Cheers

i just converted mine, the best thing to do is just get a pair of the factory central striker modules and wire them into an aftermarket keyless unit, i ended up using the whole door looms and the elec modules and i took the elec windows aswell and made it all work in my tgn16r,

• 3 months later...

i just converted mine, the best thing to do is just get a pair of the factory central striker modules and wire them into an aftermarket keyless unit, i ended up using the whole door looms and the elec modules and i took the elec windows aswell and made it all work in my tgn16r,

Do you know the part numbers at all, I have just brought a 2014 workmate and would like to get central locking.

Cheers

sorry yea i meant if you have a single cab you can take the front door looms and latch mechanisms etc from a four door one. theres a couple of wires you have to extend due to the longer door but nothing major. you mays well take the elec windows aswell like i did:P

• 2 years later...

Toyota Hilux KUN26 KUN16 D4D 1KDFTV central locking wiring diagram
If you want to install an aftermarket central locking controller, but want to keep the original locking actuators.

Remove the panel to the right of the throttle pedal on the driver side. 2 wires from the top wiring loom connector will need connecting to the new locking controller.

Bottom row 1st wire to the left
The blue with a white stripe (A) will unlock all doors when connected to ground

Bottom row 5th wire from the left
The pure blue (B) will lock all doors when connected to ground

Test by shorting either of these wires to the chassis, you will need to cut or splice these two wires and solder them to the wires of the aftermarket central locking controller.

The Hilux locking system is negative triggered. The Aftermarket locking controller should support this. If it will only provide a 12v output, you'll need to interface an additional 12v relay.

White AMLC (com) -> Blue/White (A) and Yellow AMLC (NO) -> GND Chassis *unlock*
White/Black AMLC (com) -> Pure Blue (B) and Yellow/Black AMLC (NO) -> GND Chassis *lock*. And obviously the AMLC will need constant 12v and chassis/GND.

This still retains the functionality of the original Toyota locking system. Your genuine Toyota remotes will still work. Don't touch the wiring on the passenger side behind the glovebox ie the wireless central locking controller module. It sends complex data signals to the ecu so no need to touch it.

Toyota_Hilux_KUN26_KUN16_1_KDFTV_central

Edited by vornez
Grammar

• 6 years later...

HI i have read 100s stuff on internet about hooking up after market alarm to factory central locking,

go to the door and use BLUE and BLUE  white, you can almost get straight there from

pulling out drivers side window switches,  (NOTE NEGATIVE SWITCHING TO EARTH) LOCK UNLOCK.

ALL alarms give NEG triggers as a MINIMUM. NOTE THE COLOURS CHANGE IN THE KICK PANEL<

JUST RUN 2x NEW WIRES THROUGH THE RUBBER FOR THE ELEC WINDOW IN DRIVERS DOOR JAMB>

2014 model which is 2007 to 2015, also factory key and all central locking will still work,

some people said cut the module out and the factory relay dont do

20221213_125219.jpg

20221213_125213.jpg