Corolla Sportivo, 200,000kms worth getting?

As I've stated in the title I'm currently looking into a corolla sportivo with 200,000km +, I was wondering is it worth getting? Also what problems should I be looking for while inspecting the car.

good service history is pretty much what you need. chassis inspection to see that its not been in a major accident. gearbox maybe gone. make sure you hit lift and change to see how it feels. mines done over 200,000 kms and i still track it. still making power and still handles well.

I currently own an 03 sportivo (couple of pics available on my profile) has just hit 190,000km. If you're keen I'm willing to talk. It is maintained and serviced. Like Kenshin says, my box is slightly temperamental (putting into reverse can crunch the gear) however it is barely noticeable, still very driveable and had the same issue to when I bought the car. Engine runs smooth and pulls well, car handles well, has few scratches but nothing not fixable.

reverse crunch is because the gearbox reverse gear is helical cut. to prevent it, i shift into any gear and then reverse while clutch is still depressed. i also get a crunch (well more so a clunk) when i shift into 1st at the lights before taking off as i have a helical LSD installed in my box...

Maybe do a compression test on the engine and see how it's holding up?

Maybe also test drive a fresh one (just slightly above 100,000km) then test drive the 200,000km one and see if you feel a difference?

Before I got my Sportivo, the ZZE Ascent I drove was sitting on 280,000km. Felt strong, engine was healthy. Car sounded like it'd explode when you revved over 4000rpm but then again it's not a 2ZZ lol

It's over 300,000km now and car sounds no different than an Ascent with 100,000km.

If a 1ZZ can do it i'm sure a 2ZZ can!

Edited by rich70