Finally got it!

After nearly 3 years of intense searching high and low, I finally made a breakthrough this weekend when I was looking on gumtree classifieds for faulty laptops and a little pop up of a ZZE being wrecked came up at the bottom of the screen, clicked on it and saw this vehicle had a rear sunguard on it!

Emailed the wrecker asap and he got back to me this morning saying it was still available for $99. Raced down when i got up and sure enough it was still on the car. I had to help him take it off but all went well and nothing broke... got all the clips as well without breaking any.

I'm sooo happy I finally got this sunguard even though it's not even my car anymore but at least my 18 year old brother will have a smile on his face for christmas! :D

Now to track down some new 3M tape... are there any equivalents to 3M tape?

Hey man.

Nice find. So excited to get the sunguard haha - what a nice bro you are.

Anyways i bought some 3m double sided tape on ebay the other day. Its cheap enough so don't need another product unless u gotta get it before xmas.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-Genuine-Double-Face-Sided-Tape-Automotive-Grade-6mm-X3-Meters-for-Visor-/271343758359?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2d592c17&_uhb=1

Hey man.

Nice find. So excited to get the sunguard haha - what a nice bro you are.

Anyways i bought some 3m double sided tape on ebay the other day. Its cheap enough so don't need another product unless u gotta get it before xmas.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-Genuine-Double-Face-Sided-Tape-Automotive-Grade-6mm-X3-Meters-for-Visor-/271343758359?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2d592c17&_uhb=1

Nah, don't need tape before christmas... as long as I have the sunguard lying at home, I am happy. So much effort finding one!

Showed my brother (who doesn't know anything about cars) and he was like "oh, cool"... then continued playing WoW... oh well, at least the car will be better to look at I suppose. :)

Thanks for the link up there. The tape width on the sunguard now is 18mm so the 6mm won't be suitable I dont think. I did manage to track down 3M tape at 18mm width and 3M length from VIC and it's like $15. :blush:

Edited by stevo1210
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1471870_10152144953788428_71930181_n.jpg

Finally installed it today after receiving the appropriate 18MM 3M tape from Victoria. Looks great!

Three years of searching for this Sunguard paid off in the end! Now to fog lights...

Still looking great for a 12 year old one-owner car... though might need another wax and polish because my brother hasn't bothered to wax it for a year. I guess he had the impression wax lasted forever or the fact he didn't need to wax it because he parks in a garage both at home and at work. Planning to do this wax and polish later in the week for him.

Edited by stevo1210