(Build Thread) 2013 Toyota Camry Atara SL

ill_MOTION99

The ride is pretty stiff, not bad though. The handling is good. Noticed the handling was better as soon as I started driving.

Haha yeah west side roads are pretty ****ty but still bearable!

Ok cool. Now ive never lowered a car before but it appears from what ive the bc coils u got should have come with a choice of what u wanted the spring rates as, I think its the higher the rate the stiffer the spring - someone correct me pleeease! Anyways did option1 garage suggest a rate or what? Also do you know what settings youve got set on that twist knob adjust? Firm, soft or inbetween?

yes - higher rates means stiffer

imo spring rates should be 8/6 - but being bc - will probably be uncomfortable, 6/4 will do

ive got my dampers to max stiff rears and max soft in the fronts

yes - higher rates means stiffer

imo spring rates should be 8/6 - but being bc - will probably be uncomfortable, 6/4 will do

ive got my dampers to max stiff rears and max soft in the fronts

Hey heyyy jefflee,

Thanks once again for chiming in. I still got queries tho hah... I know u were sellin bcs a lil while ago. R u still on bcs? With the damper settings what does havin a stiff rear and soft front achieve? Also ive talked to two suspension places - redline in keilor and rob (formerly of sunshine suspension centre - but now out of his own workshop) and ive had redline talk up bcs while rob was puttin those in with king springs. I was thinkin just eibach springs on stock shocks, with upgrade later or gettin the bcs? Thoughts???

Negative, im on Fortune Auto 500series now.

having soft front and stiff rear ( usually more understeer ) allows the car to corner better i believe, as the fronts are soft it allows the car to achieve more traction. I still dont know much suspension setups but had a member here who tracks the car and told me to do these damper settings - and by god he was right ! The car was "grippier"

imo steer away from bcs - theyre pretty crap (for me-had a really sh!tty experience lol) - but they do the job as in lows wise, and alot of people seemed happy with them. Since the 7th gen is still new - not alot of coils are on the market, toughie for you there.

If you are happy with springs for now and not fussed about the bouncy ride, then yeah maybe do springs ? -not sure for this as i skipped the whole springs bit and impulsed the bc coils.

• Like 1

Hey buddy. Welcome to the forum!

The guy who owns the rego plates CCRUZN, I'm pretty sure he's on Airrex Air suspension. I spoke to him last time via FB and he told me he sold his coilovers and is now on Bags.

I just recently ordered a set of BC coilovers for my Atara SX and that cost me $1199. The package has yet to arrive but i'm hoping it'll come this week and i'd have it installed by the end of this week aswell. Will share pics once i get it installed

I Got a confession :P

That was me who bought the coilovers off CCRUZN. Sad he's not on the forum though he's a top guy!

Got it off him for 800ish and then he sent it over and my installation cost me around $350 which was a bit pricey but I could not wait. Had then installed on Jan 2nd and haven't looked back since!

As far as I know my ride height remains at 150mm off the ground.

Also Dinindu! All the best with modding man! Don't think you'll go wrong with the airrex setup, Looks epic!
Keep us posted!

Sad to be in Sydney. While all the Gen 7's are partying it up in VIC :(

Let me know the dates of the annual meet :)

Sydney sight sighters gather around more so for the whole jdm sort of meet not just Toyota specific. Sad story :(

Finally first minor mod for the car.

Lip spoiler

1601389_266964860138665_230651110_n.jpg

Soon to come: Weather shields, Atara sx head lights, and thinking of having a roof rack.

Hey man,

Good job on gettin the mods goin

Where u sourcing the sx lights from?

Lip spoiler

Soon to come: Weather shields, Atara sx head lights, and thinking of having a roof rack.

Hey man,

Well the thing is, my Dad works at the Toyota manufacturing plant in Altona and he buys all the stuff through the company.

Edited by MANIKE
  • Like 1

Lip spoiler

Hey man,

Well the thing is, my Dad works at the Toyota manufacturing plant in Altona and he buys all the stuff through the company.

I got a father in law there, if you get the lights, lemme kno what u pick em up for.

Love the idea of the SX lights that's next on my list. I've priced it up to be $228 each. So that's $450ish for a set :/

It really changes the look of the car! Let me know how much you get them for man!

Love the idea of the SX lights that's next on my list. I've priced it up to be $228 each. So that's $450ish for a set :/

It really changes the look of the car! Let me know how much you get them for man!

Yeah but is the black housing the only difference?

post-29499-0-45465100-1391818211_thumb.j

Here's the pic you requested Rich! Also a little peak of my LED's
The amateur Lip installation is due to my negligence.

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20140102_033949989_iOS.jpg

Here's the pic you requested Rich! Also a little peak of my LED's

The amateur Lip installation is due to my negligence.

That lip looks sick man, where did you get it from?