Corolla 2013 headunit into a Corolla 2005

scott80

Hi all,

I was looking to upgrade the headunit in my 2005 Corolla with a 2013 Corolla headunit (not the reverse camera one).

I was wondering if anyone had done this before, or weather it is possible.ie. will the headunit fit size wise and will I need to modify the wiring. If the 2013 unit is to difficult to fit, which year model headunit will fit straight into the 2005

I have looked at headunits in car audio shops and I don't like any of them, plus I prefer the genuine look.

Any help would be great,

Cheers

Scott

Hi all,

I was looking to upgrade the headunit in my 2005 Corolla with a 2013 Corolla headunit (not the reverse camera one).

I was wondering if anyone had done this before, or weather it is possible.ie. will the headunit fit size wise and will I need to modify the wiring. If the 2013 unit is to difficult to fit, which year model headunit will fit straight into the 2005

I have looked at headunits in car audio shops and I don't like any of them, plus I prefer the genuine look.

Any help would be great,

Cheers

Scott

Yep Ive done it and it fits like a glove.

Plug and play except for the Antenna wire.

You need to get an adapter for the old Style ZZE antenna to match the new style connector.

The antenna also needs 12Volts running to it so you have to join the adapter to the old wiring harness with scothlocks or solder.

Get the adapter on Ebay :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CONNECTS-2-CT27AA93-TOYOTA-ALL-MODELS-UP-TO-2013-DIN-FEMALE-AERIAL-ANTENNA-/380694591710?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item58a32a78de&_uhb=1

Cheers !

• Like 1

better off buying a late model Corolla stereo, plug and play except for antenna adapter required.

they come with bluetooth and voice activation, MP3/WMA, USB

look on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Radio-Cd-Stereo-Bluetooth-Hilux-/321285188446?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ace16eb5e&_uhb=1

or

Touch Screen unit

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/genuine-toyota-touch-screen-head-unit-/221344352176?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338926c7b0&_uhb=1

cheers

08 prado is plug and play. It fits in the hole perfectly. The speaker and power connections are the same.

I'm not sure whether you need the antenna adapter or not.

The old style plug is round and about 8 mm diameter.

The new style plug is rectangular.

The adapter is about $15 on eBay. The antenna lead plugs into it then it plugs into the headunit.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my hands on a pzq60 00514 headunit.

Ordered the antenna adaptor cable as well.

Will let you know how it goes!

Thanks for your help.

Edited by C-rolla

Hi all,

Any help would be great,

Cheers

Scott

Yep Ive done it and it fits like a glove.

Plug and play except for the Antenna wire.

You need to get an adapter for the old Style ZZE antenna to match the new style connector.

The antenna also needs 12Volts running to it so you have to join the adapter to the old wiring harness with scothlocks or solder.

Get the adapter on Ebay :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CONNECTS-2-CT27AA93-TOYOTA-ALL-MODELS-UP-TO-2013-DIN-FEMALE-AERIAL-ANTENNA-/380694591710?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item58a32a78de&_uhb=1

Cheers !

Hi there,

Just a quick question.. is there anywhere in particular that one should solder the antenna adapter to on the wiring harness?

Cheers.

Edited by C-rolla

When you remove the old CD Player you will see there is a thin wire next to the antenna wire.

The blue thin wire coming from the new antenna adapter needs to be connected to the thin wire going to the antenna.

The antenna adapter should look like the one below.

Hope that makes sense

KGrHqFHJCsE905hZHKBPgDOqSUF60_12_zpsf74c

When you remove the old CD Player you will see there is a thin wire next to the antenna wire.

The blue thin wire coming from the new antenna adapter needs to be connected to the thin wire going to the antenna.

The antenna adapter should look like the one below.

Hope that makes sense

does indeed... thanks mate.

installing over the weekend.

cheers.

Edited by C-rolla

Hi guys

Thank you for all the help rolla02 - spent some time yesterday putting in the new radio.

Was really easy and works perfectly.

Next thing is to change over the fascia lights from green to blue.

Anyone know the size of the bulbs so I know what size light caps/condoms to buy?

Cheers!

post-213-0-15206200-1390723632_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just did this same thing to my 05 corolla but didnt use the blue wire from the aerial adaptor for anything.

Noob question but will that be problematic? Will it cause a drain on my battery or is it just to boost the signal of the aerial?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by Daewon

Hey Guys,

Just did this same thing to my 05 corolla but didnt use the blue wire from the aerial adaptor for anything.

Noob question but will that be problematic? Will it cause a drain on my battery or is it just to boost the signal of the aerial?

Thanks for any advice.

Hey mate,

I just got a Head Unit (finally), and installed it without the aerial adaptor, which is being shipped to me as I type this. The head unit seems to work just fine, but obviously no radio reception. I will be installing the adaptor as soon as it gets here and let you know any changes.

Cheers

Scott