to those who have the ducktail spoiler

xCalibur_

Sikaflex. Do numerous dummy runs to ensure you get it sitting just right. Mark position with tape. Stick on with sikaflex. Run mmasking tape around both boot and spoiler approx 5mm from joint. Get spray bottle with dishwashing detergent and water. Fill gap with more sikaflex. Spray with detergent. Remove excess with finger. Remove tape.

Easy as mate. I used the automotive sikaflex. Just be prepared for some mad forearm cramp. Once its set, that sucker gonna take a lot of work to get off so be sure you like it before you start.

• Like 1

Ive got a very similar ducktail to that and i got it installed at pro place that used about 6 screws that were already attached to the spoiler along with the double sided tape. They drilled into the boot and primed the holes cost me $100.

thanks for the replies guys.

prodigy, not too sure if i want a super super permanent fix. something with more of a removal strategy.

kanmuri, definitely dont want that method, as i dont want to drill holes in the boot lid.

suggestions are still welcome :)

linhvo, i like your idea. i was edging towards a double sided tape approach.

haha kenshin, so many people on here have the ducktails on aurions

also prodigy, any chance i could see some photos of your final product

Here you go man. I used the same process to fit front and rear lips to the bumpers as well as screws. I actually skipped the gap filling bit when fitting my boot lip but have always wished I did it. Makes it look like part of the car instead of "stuck on".

I spoke to a local panel shop about how they would fit it and they told me about this. I asked about screwing it on and bloke looked at me in horror and said " why would you wanna punch holes through your bootlid?".

post-29722-0-38939800-1388791451_thumb.j

post-29722-0-11337000-1388791479_thumb.j

post-29722-0-48708300-1388791506_thumb.j

Sikaflex. Do numerous dummy runs to ensure you get it sitting just right. Mark position with tape. Stick on with sikaflex. Run mmasking tape around both boot and spoiler approx 5mm from joint. Get spray bottle with dishwashing detergent and water. Fill gap with more sikaflex. Spray with detergent. Remove excess with finger. Remove tape.

Easy as mate. I used the automotive sikaflex. Just be prepared for some mad forearm cramp. Once its set, that sucker gonna take a lot of work to get off so be sure you like it before you start.

+1

This is the way i would go.

Did the tape thing...... never lasts.

Did the perm hold thing too.... big mistake.....

I've used the 3M tape to hold down a ducktail spoiler along with adhesion promotor to help with bondage to the paint. It's been on there for ~6 months now with no movement.

These ducktails are hot. My car looked so much better when I got mine installed

They sure do,

I'm not sure what the go is with aussie cars and the massive factory boot wings.....

Nothing says it like a touch of factory rice!