R.I.P Big Pete aka 69.Nix

Hey Guys,

Some really sad news & wasnt too sure where to post this.

With great sadness im just reporting that Big Pete has passed away.

Im sure all our condolences go out to the family.

Bill

1510353_10151895259092633_1672402473_n.j

I've not visited here for over 2 years!!!!

The news of Pete's passing on Facebook brought me pack, that was the power of Big Pete.

Such a great bloke and a sad loss to society.

RIP Big Guy.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and of course his work colleagues he loved and often spoke about in high regard, and who I'm sure will all miss him greatly.

• Like 1

Big Pete was one of the most friendliest members I have met from the forum here. He was always willing to spare his time to help others and to spend some time with you. I remember all the times I had travelled to Sydney and he would always extend such kind hospitality to make sure that I would have a good trip. He was such a kind soul and this is something that I will always remember him for.

Rest in peace big fella.

• Like 2

I have already expressed elsewhere, how much worse off the car scene/the world in general is now that Pete has passed. He was a true gentle giant, a gentleman and an all-round good bloke with a massive heart. He will be deeply missed by all of us, he always brought a smile and a laugh wherever he ventured.

Gunna miss you buddy! :(

• Like 1

Massive loss to not only the TOCAU community but also anyone who knew him. Such a kind, generous and genuine person. Right from the moment I met him at the 2010 Sydney Annual Meet and every other time we crossed paths; he never changed.

But for me the memory of Pete will linger on. Terrible puns, satire, QI and The Who's - Won't Get Fooled Again are a bright reminder of a top bloke who was taken far too early.

Rest well big man.

• Like 2

Many a great friendship was started on TOCAU and I too had a close friendship with Pete. Always there to lend a hand or help with just about anything a friend or member needed, nothing was ever any trouble for him. He had a lot of friends on this forum in QLD,VIC and here in NSW and stayed in touch with all of them, you know who you are...

A terrible loss at a young age.. Deepest sympathies and prayers to Pete's family.... He will be missed, he already is..

Farewell my friend

• Like 1

After reading the news this morning, I still cannot believe he is gone. As above said, I'd just be repeating what you guys said...

He will sadly be missed. Such a great person and won't be forgotten ever.

• Like 2

Pete is one of those people who are one in a million, a genuinely kind and honest person, always willing to help anyone who needed it, in any way he could.

I will always remember his hospitality, his wicked sense of humor and his willingness to lend a hand. He has been instrumental in the organisation of all of the national meets, and since taking on the moderation role, keeping TOCAU a safe and happy place.

Not only has pete been an asset to the community, he has been a personal friend.

TOCAU, the Australian car scene and the world is a now a poorer place because of his passing.

My deepest sympathies go to his family, and I will be looking forward to celebrating his life in the coming days.

We're all gonna miss you big fella.

I only heard about his passing this morning :( and I only saw him 2months ago where he helped me detail my car.

I'm still in shock to be honest, such a friendly guy always willing to lend a helping hand and have a good laugh.

I'll never forget the cruises we had and the laughs all around

You will be missed Big Pete

Condolences to your dearest and closest

I will definately be interested in taking part of a celebration of his life

• Like 1

I have already expressed elsewhere, how much worse off the car scene/the world in general is now that Pete has passed. He was a true gentle giant, a gentleman and an all-round good bloke with a massive heart. He will be deeply missed by all of us, he always brought a smile and a laugh wherever he ventured.

Told me many stories about the 'awesome' drives with your camry, always talked good about every car and always had some positive to say as well.

Edited by Rebz
  • Like 1

Told me many stories about the 'awesome' drives with your camry, always talked good about every car and always had some positive to say as well.
To this day, since my car has been turbocharged, Pete is the only person other than me that has driven it. I am glad that he was able to enjoy that moment and I will always remember his reaction and words when we hit boost, "Woah, that surprised me a little! :) "
  • Like 2

It was only a few months back that we shared a dream...... indeed a great friend , community member and leader.

RIP Pete, The world is a better place for having you in it.

• Like 1

I have not used these forums in years, and it deeply saddens me to be back to comment on such sad news.

I have known Pete since about 2010, but only had the pleasure of finally meeting him in person about 2 years ago. We had a very close bond in the short time of knowing each other. He never once had a bad word to say about anything. His beautiful personality and genuine soul touched those around him, especially me. He always cheered me up when I was down, always had answers to my questions, and he has taught me a lot about car care, photography and overall enjoyment of life.

We had plans of heading to Japan together this year to run amuck. He was so supportive of me when ever I doubted myself. I truly learnt a lot from him.

But most of all, I will not forget the time we spent together when we came down to Sydney in October, 2013, where he kindly picked us up at the airport late at night, and chauffeured us all around the big city the remainder of the weekend. I remember how excited he was to take us to Harry's to try out those amazing pies!! Pigging out on possibly the world's BEST kebab I've ever had and followed by the sugar high from those ever so sweet pastries you introduced to us from that town near your house. I was looking forward to the challenge of actually finishing mine the next time we got them..

Pete, I will miss you so much, as will the many other people whose lives you have touched in so many ways. I will no longer be able to wake up in the morning to the random photos/Facebook status' you tag me in. They really made my day, it will be hard here on out mate..

Love you, and until we meet again..

Tara xoxo

• Like 4

To this day, since my car has been turbocharged, Pete is the only person other than me that has driven it. I am glad that he was able to enjoy that moment and I will always remember his reaction and words when we hit boost, "Woah, that surprised me a little! :) "

He was over my place for lunch last week and he mentioned how impressive your car was/is...

Pete, I will miss you so much, as will the many other people whose lives you have touched in so many ways. I will no longer be able to wake up in the morning to the random photos/Facebook status' you tag me in. They really made my day, it will be hard here on out mate..

Love you, and until we meet again..

Tara xoxo

Told me all about you and your Sydney visit, he had a great time by the way..

Told my son today(14) and he's quite upset understandably,he reminded me about last June when Duy and Kermit were here and had a couple of hours drive home from a cruise.Duy in my car and my son and Pete in the Green machine, bit of male bonding must've gone on....Oh Pete Pete

• Like 2

Just saw the news on facebook.

Truly am shocked. Pete such a great guy who would always be willing to help out. He organsied so many great drives. He will be missed by many. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

RIP Big Fella :(

Edited by Cappuccino

To all Peter's friends

I'm truly overcome by your overwhelming response. Your condolence message have been warm and continuous.

Peter's funeral service will be at

St Nicholas of Myra Parish Penrith Church

this Wednesday, 15th Jan

10.30am

326 High Street

Penrith NSW 2750

You all all most welcomed

Its been a long time since I was active in these forums and to be honest, I'd remember most of you by nickname only by now. I only recall meeting Pete maybe a couple of times when the monthly meets were at Villawood Bunnings/ McDonalds and 1zz's and sportivos were considered the current model Corollas.,.

I personally remember him most as "Big Pete" or Peter Griffin.. at one point he'd use the family guy as his avatar..

I do recall he was a big fellow who was really friendly and provided free pizza for all the members.. Most of my interaction with him was in the forums so I thought it was best to wish his family and the rest of the TOCAU community my condolences. I know he meant a lot to a lot of us here.

Thanks for everything Big Pete!