2013 Atara SX progress

hiwtf

Hey guys. Bought my Atara SX about 2 months ago. Haven't done much to it so far but thought i'd share what I have done.

So far (In order):
- Tinted windows 35% front passenger and driver window, 20% ALL rears.
- Installed weathershields
- Alpine Type R Split speakers

- Alpine Type S 12" subwoofer

- Alpine Amplifier (can't exactly remember which one it was...)
- License plate lights to LED 5SMD 5050 white 194 168

- Roof spoiler
- BC Coilovers dropped 3" all round AirRex Air suspension kit
- 2x Magnaflow offset/offset universal mufflers

- 2x magnaflow 4" round straight double walled exhaust tips

- DRL LED kit

- Rear Guards rolled

- RAYS TE37 in powdercoated Gloss White
Fronts: 19x8.5 +29 on 215/35/19

Rears: 19x9.5 +22 on 225/35/19

- Cambered rears by -3.5 degrees with Whiteline camber bolts
- Genuine RAYS stickers & GT carbon RAYS centre caps

- Matte Black vinyl wrapped roof

- RAYS 42mm blue dura-nuts lock set

What's next:
- 6000k HIDs low beams
- K&N cold air intake

I Handwash my car and quick-detail it fortnightly. I also give it a quick hand wax every month after i wash and use quick detailing.

NOTE: Haven't taken any good quality photos of my car but i'll share what i have.

10371604_10152153629152685_2168596750353

10268711_10152153629202685_1963514106758

1499505_10151886760522685_1806129262_n_z

1511627_10151920665642685_1164089410_n_z

1013297_10151920674457685_343823834_n_zp

1555515_10151938237657685_863029183_n_zp

Edited by hiwtf
  • Like 2

haha it's not that big in real life... well to me anyway :lol:

Yeah it's black. I haven't touched it ever since. Thought i'd just leave it the way it is!

Also, here's a picture I took after work. Me parked next to the same model but stock;

1525560_10151942053342685_736471057_n_zp

• Like 1

thanks man! Yeah haha the gap for the atara models is lower than all the models i think... well my dad owns the aurion prescara and that one was a few cm higher than my atara stock

Hey Man! I'm loving the work you've done so far, I recently put BC racing coilies on mine too! For me it's a big difference since my SL didn't have sports suspension, i think my height is the equivalent to yours, did you feel much of a difference compared to before? Also did u change it to the harder or softer settings?

• Like 1

Hey Man! I'm loving the work you've done so far, I recently put BC racing coilies on mine too! For me it's a big difference since my SL didn't have sports suspension, i think my height is the equivalent to yours, did you feel much of a difference compared to before? Also did u change it to the harder or softer settings?

Does that mean my Atara-S doesnt have sports suspension either? hehe i'm not sure.

So Rains - When, Where did you get youre LED running lights?

Thanks man :) Should share some pics of your ride aswell man! Oh mad you got them from ccruzn? what a bargain haha 400 cheaper than mine. Ah i see. So you mustve dropped about 4inches?

My car is 14cm from the ground, so only 1 cm lower than yours. I was gonna lower it by another cm today but didn't end up doing it.

I changed mine to softer settings. It's 20 clicks away from hard (or 10 clicks away from soft) so the ride isn't as stiff anymore and it drives like the normal sports stock suspension.

I did feel that the handling was alot better and the steering wheel seemed alot smoother

Tried on my mate's Rays TE37s today 19x9.5 +22. Not sure what tyres... didn't take notice but close to low profiles.

1377523_10151946829262685_1001306790_n_z

Edited by hiwtf
  • Like 2

Hey Man! Yeh it sucks only the Atara SX comes with the sports suspension.

I got the LED's in mid December.

LEDs from where? Ebay? Link? Cost? How'd you install?

Hey sorry i didn't attach the link before. It was from eBay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rostra-260-1024-CAMSE-2012-Camry-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-DRL-Kit-/400320759195?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item5d34fa059b&_uhb=1

Got a mate to install it, but I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to DIY. He's a licensed auto electrician so thats a bonus!

It makes it look like a special edition Camry because people have mistaken it for a Genuine Product lol.

Although I must admit, for nearly AU$400 I did think twice before buying it!

• Like 1

Tried on my mate's Rays TE37s today 19x9.5 +22. Not sure what tyres... didn't take notice but close to low profiles.

Do you know how much the TE37's cost? I like them.

I loved following your friends build as well! He was pretty well known on the American Acura forums with that Euro build but he stopped posting after 2012 :(

Edited by Harlo

Ah yes those drl lights. I was planning to get those aswell but thought it was a little pricey... Still considering them though!

Harlo, he bought it for 900 a wheel brand new black. He only recently painted it white!

Yeah whenever we go car meets his car always gets a lot of attention haha but recently he's put his euro aside to work on his project car :)

Just so ya know, theres these:

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm?itemId=150969827990

yeah seen those ones but prefer what RAIN has since it looks like, what rain said, a genuine product

There's a member on here selling the leds for our cars... i'm not sure whether its like the link i posted or like rains' one.

but here's the thread:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/43433-my-new-2013-atara-sx/

and the product link:

http://www.ezihid.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=3&product_id=62

His definitely look part of the car if ya check the pics in the thread, as for the ebay link i posted you can tell theyre not just generic crap since they've actually made the cut in the plastic to fit flush against the fog light while there are plenty of others on ebay that don't have that at all.

Not pushin the product haha - just what ive picked up on.

Ah yes those drl lights. I was planning to get those aswell but thought it was a little pricey... Still considering them though!

Harlo, he bought it for 900 a wheel brand new black. He only recently painted it white!

Yeah whenever we go car meets his car always gets a lot of attention haha but recently he's put his euro aside to work on his project car :)

The wheels cost him $3.6k for the set without tyres.... :o that kid is so rich.

• Like 1

Hahaha yeah so expensive :(

I just ordered a set of DRL led lights that rich linked. They look pretty decent since it's flush with the foggies, as rich as also mentioned.

Will DIY install and let you guys know how I go when it's here!

• Like 2