2013 Atara SX progress

hiwtf

I found at least one performance upgrade for a 7th gen camry (other than aftermarket exhaust) :clap:

K&N Factory Replacement Pod Filter

Cmon dini... ya gotta sift through these forums a lil harder haha.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/43951-short-ram-intake-for-2013-camry/

hahaha yeah i was gonna get that aswell but decided i'd just go with mufflers instead. I remember reading up somewhere that said the intake gives an extra 5kw or so. Would still be something i'll consider buying after all the other stuff

Ordered my rear camber bolts today from whiteline for $95. Should get it by friday i think... Also checked my natural rear cambers closely today and seems as though i have about atleast -1.5 natural camber. With these camber bolts, hopefully i can get atleast -3 camber (hoping -4) so i can put the TE's back on and stop rubbing when i go over hard bumps

I found at least one performance upgrade for a 7th gen camry (other than aftermarket exhaust) :clap:

K&N Factory Replacement Pod Filter

Cmon dini... ya gotta sift through these forums a lil harder haha.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/43951-short-ram-intake-for-2013-camry/

Never knew there was this forum! thanks though

I don't know if the pod from america will fit though so for now just gonna get a cheap autobarn pod (still sounds aggressive and cool)

hahaha yeah i was gonna get that aswell but decided i'd just go with mufflers instead. I remember reading up somewhere that said the intake gives an extra 5kw or so. Would still be something i'll consider buying after all the other stuff

Ordered my rear camber bolts today from whiteline for $95. Should get it by friday i think... Also checked my natural rear cambers closely today and seems as though i have about atleast -1.5 natural camber. With these camber bolts, hopefully i can get atleast -3 camber (hoping -4) so i can put the TE's back on and stop rubbing when i go over hard bumps

5kw will put camrys in to the toyota 86 territory.

nice. take some pics of your car is lowered and after all them bolts are put on!

Yeah jeffy that was me. I'm running on stockies til i can get some negative camber going in the rears.

Dini, Sadly 86s still have better mods for their cars than camrys :(
Definitely will take photos to show you guys after it's all done

from the top of my head this is what i have done to my Atara S
Plastidip eyelids
Plastdipped chrome trim in the bumper lower grill and all the badges
roof spoiler
19x 8 inch wheels with 245/35/19 tyres
led Rverselights
led licence plate lights
led dome lights and boot light
tint all round
thick tint strip 8% on the front windscreen
tinted the clear bit of my taillights red
kicker 12 inch sub
kicker amplifier with bass controller

what i want to do
coilovers
hid kit
upgrade speakers

Very nice Kit.

I got my coilovers through Option1Garage, direct from BC australia. The part number for the coilover is C-90. Cost me about $1199 if i remember correctly... And comes with free freight-shipping Australia wide

Very nice Kit.

I got my coilovers through Option1Garage, direct from BC australia. The part number for the coilover is C-90. Cost me about $1199 if i remember correctly... And comes with free freight-shipping Australia wide

Thankyou tony

i am hoping to get coil over soon as i find that wheel gap pretty high

nice camry btw love the white on white

Nice work kit.

Thankyou rich

love your hids

its hard with finding parts for these cars as they are not a car seen to be modified. but i have seen some look very nice and i find they are more unique.

How do you find the coil overs??

Yeah there's barely anything for the camrys... If you want something you'll probably have to get it custom made which will cost you a fortune haha

The coilovers are good. 30 levels of damper adjustments so you can set your ride quality to whatever you like. With the TE37s on i have to leave it on the stiffest setting or else the wheels will rub way too much. With stock wheels i leave the settings to pretty soft, making it feel as though you're driving on stock suspensions.

The coils can get a little noisy if you leave the settings stiff but for me that's not a problem at all.

The ONLY problem i have with these coilovers is that the rears don't come with pillow ball mounts so you have to use your OEM struts, leaving no adjustments for camber/caster

Got my rears cambered today. Total cost of 270 Incl Camber bolts and wheel alignment.
-3.5 Both sides.

Also ordered a set of Achilles ATR sports tyres cause they were on special (For $600 a set) 225/40/19 fronts and 240/35/19 rears

Phone died when it was done so couldn't take a pic til i got home, Hence the **** angle

Edited by hiwtf
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if I sell my BC coilovers, would anyone be interested in buying them? Would sell for 800 ono. Thinking of making the switch to bags

Coils seem to be in good condition. Only had them on for 5500km (Since start of January this year). If i do end up getting bags, then i can give a better description on the condition.
Spring rates: 6/3kg

Yeah the ones i'm looking at, Airtekk VP kit, are roughly 2800AUD + est 350AUD delivery from the states