trd cai problems

I've had my trd cai for aslong as ive had my sportivo..... prob about 6 months.

had a look at it today and notice in a section near the headlight the trd cai piping has worn away...... almost tore a hole in the pipe. also in another spot but not as bad.

anyone else with trd cai have noticed anything of the sort?

I will admit the bracket supplied for the cai that is supposed to reside down near the left hand guard i didnt put in on because the thing was that tight fitting in there, it wasnt gonna move for nothing but now its a little sloppy and almost could have cause some major damage to my engine.

You have to add the bracket. No question. I and several of the others that I have installed have no problems. it mounts fine. just cut the top off the backet and mount using one bolt off the fuse box. Yours would have alot of slop. Mine is completely rigid.

took ur advice.... hacked away at the original bracket... works a charm.

i was just lazy in the original installation i mean it took me over 7 hours to figure out what fuking hoses are what and still to this date i dunno if its 100% correct but shes works fine... idles fine sucks like a lil school girl so its good enough in my book.

anyways thanks for the advice mate.

Mine car seems hesitant off the mark now and even more so when the a/c is on. When warming up the car in the mornings i can nearly fully floor the accelerator and there is nothing there.. it seems to want to cut out. As a result i am riding the clutch more to compensate.

Mine car seems hesitant off the mark now and even more so when the a/c is on. When warming up the car in the mornings i can nearly fully floor the accelerator and there is nothing there.. it seems to want to cut out. As a result i am riding the clutch more to compensate.

hi rollin, check to see if there are cracks in your intake pipes after the sensor on the airbox. check to see all clamps are tight.

when was the last time you ran some injector cleaner through the fuel?

anybody, does the corolla have an airflow meter?