hilux 3.0 turbo problem 2010

spozzer1

Bought this 2010 hilux 2 months ago and never had a boost off turbo, its only done 30k miles,only doing 19 mpg, the engine sounds sweet enough ,ticks over good, no warning lights up exept on first day of owning it and had to replace egr valve,no smoke at all and not much power.had turbo off the other day and checked over that was fine but pressure from turbo was only showing 0.6 bar.noticed next to egr valve that thing which looks like some kind of dump valve isnt moving when reving it looked at my mates and his was moving everytime you reved it. phoned previous owners up and they said they bought it as a non runner they changed the injectors and was running good and they got rid of it.this hilux is doing my head in and done nothing but cost me since owning it. can any one help

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a vacuum pipe going to this 'kind of dump valve'? If so I would check its condition, make sure there are no splits in it. You could also use a vacuum pump to manually apply vacuum to see if anything is moving.

I COULD help, but I've pledged to only help people who come onto these forums to actually contribute, not just ask a question with their first post and then disappear forever.

Real shame too, because that kinda problem can be really difficult/expensive to work out if you don't know much about it

• Like 1

I COULD help, but I've pledged to only help people who come onto these forums to actually contribute, not just ask a question with their first post and then disappear forever.

Real shame too, because that kinda problem can be really difficult/expensive to work out if you don't know much about it

Hi steve

I de love to contribute but so far my views of toyota s are very low as so far the piece of **** hardly goes and hasn t for 9 weeks since owning it . so nothing nice to say about other than im sorry i sold my mitsibushi least that was running. any way thanks for all your help any way

• 1 month later...