Strut inserts for 93 WRC

WRC93

Hello one & all,

I have just bought a pair of new inserts for my car I have a pair of work shop manuals for it, they are the US & Canada versions, they show the front struts as a single strut unit not with separate inserts, Yet the part numbers to suit my car are inserts, I have replaced struts in other vehicles I have owned before, I just like to have a manual or instruction to go by so I don't make any mistakes or waste my time using the wrong parts. I am hoping there is someone here who has done this before or could even point me towards the right w/shop manual.

cheers

Stacy

PS thanks in advance for any help given.

Method should be exactly the same as replacing a sealed-unit strut (spring compressors, undoing the top strut nut when the car is still on the ground etc etc), except that once the strut is out of the car you have to undo the gland nut holding the insert into the strut body and remove the insert.

Hi Hiro, I was wondering what that nut was for, makes sense now. Thank you. One more question, do you think it is worth changing the springs as well, Lovells sell 4 new springs for $270.00 delivered & they are progressively rated as well.

cheers

Stacy

If you can afford it and were considering lowering the car/replacing the springs at any stage, then it is worthwhile doing them at the same time just to save on labour/effort/wheel-alignments. $270 sounds reasonable for a set of 4, I've had Lovells Lows in my Corolla for the last 5 years or so with no complaints

I was thinking standard height, I am an old fart & it's hard enough getting in & out as it is. The car handles really well for an old girl. I just wanted to freshen up the suspension.

cheers Hiro & thanks again for the info.

Stacy