USB compatibility Aurion 2010 Prodigy

Hello Everyone

I own a 2010 Prodigy and have been having issues with the usb compatibility. I originally had a 4gb stick which worked perfectly. I copied all the music to a new 8gb stick which in turn still worked correctly. As i had much more space I added music till the stick was nearly full and now it is sayying its not supported. Even when I delete the new files the stick is still saying not supported.

Does anyone have the exact statistics about which sizes and compression rates of MP3 and USB drives are compatible with the Audio System? This way I can adjust my music so I am able to listen to a large variety of music again without having to load up the 6 cd stacker and forever rotate the CDs.

I assume you have the head unit from the facelift models, therefore I figure that you and I have identical units fitted to both our cars. Given so, I can say that my head unit shows the traits that you have pointed out on a rare occasion. It depends really on which brand usb you are using. The Sandisk I am currently using has yet to do so, however a Toshiba that I used previously would play up every now and then. When I was using that, I tried deleting some files and removing it from the head unit for a while before inserting again. Usually this would do the trick. As I said, it can be a simple issue of the quality of the usb you are using.

Found this in the US forums ages ago...

I think my 2013 manual says the same thing.

USB memory:
Maximum number of folder in device: 3000
Maximum number of files in one folder: 255
Maximum number of files in device: 9999

No Luck... I think I might have to go back to my old USB drive. I wish there was a firmware upgrade for better usb support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

After searching the net i found the model to be a Fujitsu FT0015A (38009) and there is nowhere I can even find a manual for the unit other than what is said in the Aurion manual which says nothing about the USB connection specifications (other than that you can plug in a usb drive)

Edited by Wolfcry