resetting or overriding car locks

Nicky Jade

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and have a question that I can't seem to get the answer for. Is there a way to reset the locking mode on a 2006 cvx kluger? I want to set it so that the locks automatically lock when I move it out of park and then unlock when it's back in park. I looked online on a site called ehow and it didn't help me as the steps didn't work so just hoping someone on here has done it on their kluger? Thanks in advance.

Hi Nicky,

I have attached a few pages from the American 2011 Highlander owner's manual, I have found this manual has more detail than the Australian one. I haven't tried this myself on my 2011 Kluger, but thought it may work on your car even though it is the previous model. Toyota tend to be consistent with the way they do things. Obviously you would use the instructions for 'without a smart key' (ie. without keyless push start ignition). Let us know how it goes, I'm sure a lot of kluger owners would be interested.

Ian

highlander series 2 door lock0001.pdf

Thanks for replying Ian but unfortunately it didnt work, this is similar to what I found on the ehow website, when I hold the power lock button down t all the car doors lock but then thats it, after that nothing happens whatsoever, there is no noise of the locks or no lights come on etc, so I dont know why its not working.

Hi Nicky, the Toyota dealer may be right, but I would still keep looking for information. My dealer said my wife's 2011 RAV4's head unit would not take a reversing camera, but after a bit of investigation I found other people had done it. I presented the research to my dealer and eventually they fitted one.

Because the auto locking feature isn't used by default in Australia, it may exist on the car, but the dealer has never set it.

Maybe someone else on the forum with the first model kluger knows?

I'll look around on the internet to see if I can see anything more.

Ian

Thanks Ian, hopefully someone has done it and can advise me but everything I have searched for comes up the same with the same instructions. Thanks for trying to help me, I appreciate it

From what I can see the only changeable options have to be done by OBD, there is also no mention of the auto locking while driving only things like how long the interior light stays on.