How to replace corolla zre hatch 2007 door mirror

The passenger side door mirror of my corolla hatchback was broken. I bought one from eBay and tried to replace it myself.

First, I took the internal cover of door mirror off. There are 3 nuts holding the mirror and an electrical cable used to provide power for the mirror. I can't see connectors which should be underneath door panel somewhere.

Does Anyone have experience how to disconnect the cable. Do I need take the door panel off? If so, how?

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by Bruli

Yes, you will have to remove the inside door trim. To do this:

Remove the silver plastic cover on the door pull. And remove the small black plastic cover from behind the door handle.

There will be 3 screws behind those covers mentioned.

Unscrew them.

Grab the bottom of the door trim and pull until it comes free.

Unplug the window switch and set aside the trim. The plug for the mirror power should be visible now. Hope that helps

• Like 1

Yes, you will have to remove the inside door trim. To do this:

Remove the silver plastic cover on the door pull. And remove the small black plastic cover from behind the door handle.

There will be 3 screws behind those covers mentioned.

Unscrew them.

Grab the bottom of the door trim and pull until it comes free.

Unplug the window switch and set aside the trim. The plug for the mirror power should be visible now. Hope that helps

Thank you, ATK893!

But my car is 2007 ZRE152 hatchback, not sedan. There is not silver plastic cover and I can't see any screws.

I found some videos on YouTube for corolla sedan www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz5yKQMb7uI

However can't find any video for hatch

The silver plastic trim in question is the long silver grab handle you use to pull the door closed. It sits flush with the interior door handle.

Pull on the the inner door handle slightly until there is a gap. Then pry off the silver trim through that gap

• Like 1

The silver plastic trim in question is the long silver grab handle you use to pull the door closed. It sits flush with the interior door handle.

Pull on the the inner door handle slightly until there is a gap. Then pry off the silver trim through that gap

thanks, mate

I got the mirror changed last weekend with your instruction. the only hard part of the job is to pull the door trim off from the door. I found it was easier for me to start to pull from upside of the door trim.

post-35857-0-05992600-1404782471_thumb.j

post-35857-0-59966900-1404782491_thumb.j