Foot well illumination kit

Norm Tyler

HI Norm,

Thanks for the reply, yes my kit is fine and all the parts are there; I do have the instructions for the installations.

The issue that I have is connecting the kit up to the existing wire loom in the vehicle.

The connector inside the "A" Pillar is different to the diagram in the installation instructions. There are many wires into a 20 way plug, some colours duplicated.

I was wondering if yourself or others had this issue and which colours to connect too during the installation.

Thanks for your offer of help as I am a little bewildered.

Jim

• Like 1

Hi Norm,

Thanks again, I am wondering if my instructions maybe a different version to yours.

Would it be possible for you to email a copy of the instructions that you have to me?

This would be really appreciated and I can further check the connectors.

The connector in my instructions shows and mentions a "10 Way" connector, however at this location in my vehicle it is at least a 20 way connector.

Many thanks for your efforts in helping me,

Jim

Hi Norm,

Thanks so much, got the instructions ok. They are a little different to what I find in the "A" Pillar in my vehicle.

My vehicle's connector has a lot more wires in it than the ones in the diagram, although the colours mentioned do exist in the connector.

My only dilemma is that the Pink wire appears twice in my connector and I am unsure of which one to connect to.

The wires are also in a different place to the ones in the diagram,

Oh well, thanks so much for your efforts, I shall investigate further, may be, possibly for a later issue of the instructions around late 2012.

Best wishes

Jim

• 5 months later...

If you guys are talking about the footwell lights you can just wire straight to the Dome lights. 

But make sure you find which wires correspond to what before you start hooking it all up

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Norm is there any chance you could email me a copy of the instructions for the PZQ51-33050 kit to webstersautogroup@ bigpond.com as I can not find them much appreciated.

Thanks 

Edited by Andrew Webster

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

HI all - trying to get a copy of installation instructions to instal a under dash illumination kit in my toyota 86 - it is a genuine toyota kit but no instructions - go figure - if someone has them could they email them to robertsonsemail@optusnet.com.au. Cheers

Just installed the illumination under dash kit - followed the instructions - including disconnecting the battery - took car out for a drive and now runs rough - poor idle and low end acceleration - not smooth at all - has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

13 hours ago, Gary86 said:

Just installed the illumination under dash kit - followed the instructions - including disconnecting the battery - took car out for a drive and now runs rough - poor idle and low end acceleration - not smooth at all - has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

Chances are by disconnecting the battery you have reset the ECU and it needs to re-learn.  Give it a few trips to try and smooth out again