Exhaust and Other Modifications 2005 TD Hilux

Looney_Toon

Hi everyone.

My dad has a '05 hilux 3L TD D4-D White the first of the new shape, after spending a fair bit of money on redoing the injectors because they weren't coded right or something dad didn't explain it well.

Seeing as I am going to help pay we have decided on a new exhaust then a bull bar reversing lights (small square flood lights), then a light bar on the bull bar.

We are going for the colour coded ARB Alloy with the Warn Winch (not a full 4wder but do go on hunting trips).

Not sure what LED Cree light bar.

(any opinions would be great)

We are unsure on what way to do the exhaust, I have done a little reading and some say to do a 3" dump then 2.75" for the rest of the exhaust because the 3" all the way is too big. Or would you suggest to do 2.75" all the way?

Also whats the opinion the on chip my diesel or the dp chip if we did one? I have read bad results on them that's all.

Would be grateful for any help and advice!

Thanks

If memory serves [check other posts] 05-07 D4D's tend to have a problem with their injector seals after a while-resulting in overheating and carbonizing of the oil in the very near oilways. This crystaline carbon does deposit on the oil pickup screen in the sump, and is known to become sufficient to starve the motor of oil, causing siezures. Early replacement of the seals helps, but manually checking/cleaning/replacing the pickup screen is so far the best defence. AFAIK there is no substitute head to fix this. You just have to live with it. I do NOT recommend altering/removing the pickup screen. It's there for very good reasons, and I've not heard of any safe/approved alterations. Carbon granules in the oil pump might wear it too much, or jam the regulator/non return valves, and if it missed the filter-your bearings would prob. die horribly. So don't risk it. Better still - avoid those models.

Hi.

Thanks for replying.

Well from memory from what was told to me. The injectors were replaced because of them being clogged up also seeing by as they use the fuel more than once through the engine to reduce carbon emissions. When they were replaced the ECG wasn't found to be working so.

What are you effectively saying to not alter it in any way?

Just trying to understand :)

Thanks