newer toyota headunit into older model

fishola

So after a few years of being out of a toyota we are finally back in one. We recently bought a 2010 kluger and have since purchased a newer model totyota headunit(pzq60-00513) to replace the older (pzq60-00021)unit.

I have plugged it in and it works fine just no steering wheel controls........will i need a harness for that to work? also i cant seem to see where the antenna goes will i need an adaptor for that aswell.

Cheers for any info or help or a gentle nudge in the the direction of a post that has covered this before sorry.

maybe try asking toyota first, im actually not quite sure where to get said harness from,

but from memory i briefly read something about it via the aurion forums, try searching there in the mean time

Well toyota had no idea what I was talking about. .supercheap wasn't very helpful and autobarn think it can't be done. .. Now what

I have ordered the antenna one just need to sort out the steering controls now. . Cheers for the help these photos are all I can do at the moment as i only have my phone with me

post-5783-0-34653900-1405082474_thumb.pn

post-5783-0-70880600-1405082516_thumb.jp

So if i give toyota that part number they should be able to get it for me.. or if I can find cheap somewhere else. .. Thanks for the info

Yeah all you need is the part number ,get them from peter warren ,if your around that area ,you cant buy them from anywhere else

1247osn.jpg

and the others should be this price

vdfuj4.jpg

Edited by sportivo2007

Im in port macquarie so not really close to them, surely my local toyota dealer could get it.....if not i might have to try those guys..thanks heaps for the help bud i was starting to struggle with any help around port.

• 2 months later...

Firstly, thanks to everyone who helped me piece my own install together by posting to this forum.

Anyway, I was after a manual for the PZQ60-00511 head unit. Someone from toyota sent me a pdf, so PM me if you need a copy (I couldn't find a download anywhere myself).

Edited by Simeon Bartley

• 3 years later...

I've a PZQ60-12011 (out of a 2007 Seca) that has a 20pin plug at the rear of the unit, and want to replace it with a PZQ60-00511 (from a later model Kluger) that appears to have a corresponding 28pin plug at the back of the unit. The harness in my car is 20pin. Will my 20pin harness plug into the 28 pin plug at the rear of the PZQ60-00511? Or do I need an adapter? Any advice you can give I'll really appreciate! Thanks.