Wiring in Neon-Lights behind dash

C-rolla

Hi guys, needing some help.

I'm wanting to wire in some little 12v Led strips behind the A/C Knobs.

Struggling to find the correct power source.

Where do I solder/connect the postive and negative wires from the LED strip to ensure that they only come on with the dash lights?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi guys, needing some help.

I'm wanting to wire in some little 12v Led strips behind the A/C Knobs.

Struggling to find the correct power source.

Where do I solder/connect the postive and negative wires from the LED strip to ensure that they only come on with the dash lights?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Two different ways depending on how I interprit your sentence, if you want the lights to come on when your dash dims(?) for night time you'd be best off tapping into the parker lights in the engine bay as when they're on your dash should dim, for a ground you could source somewhere in the engine bay or tap into the negative of the parkers.

If you just want them on when you start the car then all you need to do is find a 12v source that turns on and off whith the ignition, fuse box is usually a good place to start (if you can't find a wiring diagram grab a voltmeter :))

Hope that helps

Thanks for replying mate.

Yeah im wanting them to come on only when I turn the lights on... wanting replace the 2 little led's behind the A/C with the strip.

seems like ill have to purchase a voltmeter as got no idea where to wire the +tive and -tive wires.

didnt think it was going to be this hard... thought I could just splice into the existing led lights.

Thanks for replying mate.

Yeah im wanting them to come on only when I turn the lights on... wanting replace the 2 little led's behind the A/C with the strip.

seems like ill have to purchase a voltmeter as got no idea where to wire the +tive and -tive wires.

didnt think it was going to be this hard... thought I could just splice into the existing led lights.

If you want to do this you coud like mentioned above tap into the parker lights but I'm assuming you'd want to tap into something in the dash rather than the engine bay, try and locate an online wiring diagram as it might save you from using a volmeter

• 3 weeks later...