80 series dual tanks

warren7

G'day. I have bought a 80 series gxl full time 4x4 4500 twin cam. 1993 model. I don't have a hand book. Can someone please tell me how the dual tanks work. There is one fuel guage on the roof and one on the dash and a sub button on the dash.

• 2 months later...

Warren7,

i have just bought a 1997 cruiser and have the same problem as you, hopefully someone replies and can help. Do you know what the knob to the right of the steering wheel that say "lock" actually does?

Cheers GavM

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys . the fuel guage on the roof console is for the sub tank ,the one in the dash is for the main tank . If you want to run on the sub tank you just push the button on thee dash . A green light should come on in the button to indicate that you are running on the sub tank.when you are getting low on the sub tank you just push the sub tank button which will then take the vehicle back ont the main tank. If I am not wrong I think that the sub tank guage is electronic and the main works off a float in the tank . Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Mushie is not totally correct. The sub gauge is for the sub tank and the main gauge is for the main tank, correct. However the sub button activates an external pump which pumps fuel from the sub tank to the main tank. So use up the main tank first then press the sub button and you will see the main tank fill up to approx half, and the sub tank drops very quickly to zero. This should be done while driving and takes approx ten mins. Hope that helps.