Oil Change

ninjistics

Hi, just had a look at the FAQ about oil and oil changes but unfortunately the link http://members.cox.net/n0v8or/avalon_oil_change.pdf has expired.

Just wondering if anyone has a backup or knowledge of oil changes.

I have a 2007 Aurion AT-X.

Edited by ninjistics

It's dead simple.

6L of 5w30 synthetic, a 65mm filter socket (for example, I bought this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Oil-Filter-Wrench-Socket-Tool-65mm-14-flute-New-/170528959152 ), and lastly a filter for the 2gr-fe.

As usual, jack up the front end onto car stands, or if you're lucky use car ramps or a hoist. Dump the sump, empty the filter housing otherwise it's a wee bit messy. Old filter out, give the housing a wipe & check for anything out of the ordinary, new filter & o-ring in, reattach, oil in to necessary level, happy times.

Last change I just chucked in a Ryco filter from SuperCrap, any filter that fits the part number 04152‑31090 will do. Next change I'm going to bulk-buy some of the TRD variant filters (PN PTR43-00082) from the US, because 1. TRD in my TRD, why the heck not! and 2. Even a single one from the US with shipping is still heaps cheaper than the ripoff of Ryco over here.

Shame you're not in Perth and close to me, as I'd happily take the oil. Just google up "Victoria engine oil disposal" and have a look through some of the results, looks like there's a broad range of options for you.

• 4 months later...