'93 WRC Trophy Edition - How many were made?

DazzaJay

I did some googling, and have been unable to come up with a number on how many of the ST184R Celica "WRC Trophy Edition" were built.

I know it came with the works, See PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3x2Uh7JTgf_TGI1cThlcEFOVHM/view?usp=drivesdk&resourcekey=0-V8ZXjIPZXBX2tNnybnAZXA

As the above PDF says, it is a special build to celebrate the Celica winning the WRC., but it does not say how many of this "special build" they made.

any ideas?

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_20141012_143120.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Edited by DazzaJay
updated pdf link

Hate to tell you but the WRC Trophy was just an end-of-life sticker/option pack to help sell the last of the normal FWD 5SFE-powered ST184, not the 4WD turbo 3SGTE ST185. They're about as "limited edition" as a Commodore Lumina or Camry Touring

On 10/15/2014 at 7:42 AM, Hiro said:

Hate to tell you but the WRC Trophy was just an end-of-life sticker/option pack to help sell the last of the normal FWD 5SFE-powered ST184, not the 4WD turbo 3SGTE ST185. They're about as "limited edition" as a Commodore Lumina or Camry Touring

I know it's an FF, 5S-FE.

What i'm looking for is How Many of this specific model were made. (In a number)

Regardless of model and such, all brands keep track on how many vehicles they make. so it shouldn't be this hard to find out.

Untitled-8.png

Edited by DazzaJay

• 2 months later...

Sorry can't help answer that one except the Trophy edition was a Toyota marketing play on winning the 93 world rally championship and there nothing like the real rally car.

I had a Celica 93 GT Four, sadly it has gone but still have some bits in garage for last 5 years maybe it can help someone out

Cheers

Si93

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I understand it, the 185r is the awd turbo. The 184 is the ff n/a. Or am I wrong? The wrc, from what I found from a previous search, is just a sticker special, that came with all of the options available to the 184 celica. I don't think they are particularly rare or sought after sorry.

Edit.
Just had a look on wikipedia, and found this:
"In 1993, the Limited Edition WRC Trophy model was offered in
Australia. This is basically the SX with sport front seats from the
GT-Four, cruise control, rear window shade / spoiler, and special
decals."

All other websites that document it have it listed as an st184R. Couldn't find a production number anywhere though. My guess is in '93, a buyer could simply tick the wrc trophy box and the dealer would fit the sports seats, and other options, to an sx, put the wrc stickers on it, and there you go. So there was probably no official production run so to speak, they were likely listed as standard sx celicas when they were built, and later had the options and stickers fitted. Hope that helps.

Edited by MikeGrpA

• 1 year later...

Well, no specific number, that's a bummer. As it's only about 3 years from becoming a classic vehicle. (And able to be registered on Historic registration)

This one already appears at Classic car shows hosted and attended by the Southern Riverina Vehicle and Machinery Club. ( www.srvmc.com )

But even so, the fact that (assumed) there was less with the WRC pack than the standard SX does put the car in the Special Interest category at car shows anyway.

1 hour ago, DazzaJay said:

Well, no specific number, that's a bummer. As it's only about 3 years from becoming a classic vehicle. (And able to be registered on Historic registration)

A '93 Celica won't be elligle for Historic Registration in NSW until 2023, 7 years from now.

Did they update the regulations since last year?

I have last year's regulations, (i think they are, its whatever the Club Secretary gave me) which is showing me 25 years.

And the club secretary already has his Jaguar on H plates, and it's an '89.... Then again, he is the club registration officer.

Edited by DazzaJay

17 hours ago, DazzaJay said:

Did they update the regulations since last year?

I have last year's regulations, (i think they are, its whatever the Club Secretary gave me) which is showing me 25 years.

And the club secretary already has his Jaguar on H plates, and it's an '89.... Then again, he is the club registration officer.

NSW has always been 30 years.  You might be thinking of Vic rules where it is 25 years.

Saw the Jag at today's event. Confirmed its an 89, and its plates are purple on white, slimline, NSW Historic vehicle plates.

So I don't know how he's done it. Unless H rego can be transferred between States, as he WAS previously in a Victorian club.

Edited by DazzaJay

1 hour ago, DazzaJay said:

Saw the Jag at today's event. Confirmed its an 89, and its plates are purple on white, slimline, NSW Historic vehicle plates.

So I don't know how he's done it. Unless H rego can be transferred between States, as he WAS previously in a Victorian club.

Historic rego can't be transferred between OWNERS, let alone states.  Either he's done a dodgy (and it should have been picked up by the RTA/RMS if he has), or the details are not as you say they are.  Trust me, I'm on the board for a car club with Historic Registration and the rules are very strict compared to other states (Victoria was notoriously lax until they tightened things up recently)

• 5 years later...