1998 toyota camry conquest v6 exhaust?

TJtoyota

Hello all I have a 1998 toyota camry conquest V6, I need to get the rear muffler replaced and was thinking of getting a sports muffler to get a nice note from the 3.0 v6, I was also thinking of just getting a cat back exhaust made up not to sure, what are your opinions? Is it worth getting a cat back or is it a waste of time? Also what size piping should I use 2 1/2 inch or 2 1/4 inch? Cheers everyone.

Tom.

I would personally recommend Pacemakers (having used them with great success on an old Datsun SSS Stanza and a XA Falcon), however, I dunno if they make them for a V6 Camry, or for what price if they could/did... If that doesn't work out, just Google/have a look on eBay (that's what I do, lol).

To my knowledge no Australian company makes extractors for the 3VZ-FE or 1MZ-FE engines. You will have to get them custom made or import them. OBX in the US makes them, however I believe they require modifying.

And how much roughly would a set of custom headers cost from those who are in Australia, cheers.

How long is a piece of string?

Just ring a couple of exhaust shops, tell them exactly what you want and gather quotes.

I put a 2.5 catback on mine with a gen 5 sportive exhaust...good bang for buck and it's a simple solution as they mount straight up...nice note too but not excessively loud as they are a glass pack

Holy crap, you're alive!

As for costs, custom means expensive, last set I know of were well over $1000. In regards to the OBX, not sure exactly, the info is around, you just need to search for it.

Cheers guys gonna go to my local exhaust shop tomorrow to get a price, what size piping do use suggest? 2.25" or 2.5" for the v6 only other mods I'm gonna do is cold air intake.

Cheers Tom.

Thanks relish for the reply, I thought 2.5 but then I read on Google that 2.25 would suit a v6 and it would help with lower end torque and that 2.5 would lose lower end torque but be better for top end so I got confused.

Cheers.

Went to my local exhaust shop today and he said that a 2.25" exhaust is plenty big enough for a stock camry v6, now I don't know what to go for lol. I'm not wanting to lose power and I'm after a nice deep note he said 2.5" will have a good note but will lose power he also said a 2.25" will not lose power but would be quieter than a 2.5 inch. Just thought I would fill you in.

Cheers Tom

Edited by TJtoyota

The pipe from throttle body to the back of the battery are all the same between the brands. I got the cold air extension to the guards custom made 2.5in diameter but 3in right at the end to fit a bigger pod filter.

Flowed enough to make 170kw atw on the car.

You should get a new silicon join for the top as that rubberones have gotten hard with the hot cold cycles.

The pipe from throttle body to the back of the battery are all the same between the brands. I got the cold air extension to the guards custom made 2.5in diameter but 3in right at the end to fit a bigger pod filter.

Flowed enough to make 170kw atw on the car.

You should get new silicon joins as these rubberones have gotten hard with the hot cold cycles.

post-1929-0-69060300-1414118005_thumb.jp

Edited by STYLSH