which engine oil

2011kluger

Seeing as the Kluger shares the same engine as the Aurion, I can recommend you Castrol Edge 5w30. Being a fully synthetic (despite being one of those cheaper types), it does a much better job then the genuine oil or the oil the Toyota dealers use at their workshops. It runs smoother for longer, and cleans the engine really well. Being the weight of oil that it is, it aids fuel economy and cold start ups. Try and get them when they are on special, as they drop to around half their price on regular occasions at either Repco or Supercheapauto.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone have an idea as to where I can buy the oil filter removal tool as I can only find the twin set with drain hose. In other words can I buy 1 removal tool with the drain hose.

I have used 5w30 in the past and now on 5w40. TBH I can't really tell a difference between them. Fuel economy and performance is the same.

To keep it simple use anything that's fully synthetic and change 15000km or 1 year. Whatever comes first.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I also use 5w-40, i use penrite HPR 5 full synthetic. And i totally agree with the above comment about wait till its on sale.Never pay full price for you oil. As for the tool, i got mine from sprint auto i think. Dont worry about the hose though as it only drains the oil from the filter housing,nothing more.It just means your hands will get a little dirtier.

My wty has now run out and will be servicing diy in the future.
Had a 2000 camry v6 for 10yrs and always used Castrol Magnatec 10-40 in that... motor was still perfect after 10 yrs so will try that in the 12 Kluger. No need to go too thin with the oil unless you live in a very cold climate.. jmo.

• 8 years later...

I been using nulon w5-30 fully synthetic long life and good on fuel change oil every 5000kms to keep it clean all d time

Edited by alan de Leon
Wromg spellimg