Help! 2009 Kluger KXR 7seater, CD not working,2 yellow light blinking on each side of CD slot.

MichaelG

Hi, all,

my kluger 's CD doesn't working 2 days ago, can't platy back CD music, can't even eject any CDs, there are 2 yellow light blinking on both side of CD slot. did anyone of you have this issue before? how can resolve it?

does it have anything with battery? my battery went flat 2 days ago ( playing blue tooth streaming while ignition is @ "ACC")

thanks in advance!

MG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MG,

Cant help but to say that my 2004 Kluger had same issue, put in a CD and it wouldn't p

play or eject etc, tried everything appears it is a common problem with stacker CDs, every now and then I would try to eject/ CD, nothing worked and I was not in a position to pull the whole thing out, after about 10-11 months turned on ignition and the CD started playing !!!!! and was able to eject it etc, so maybe be patient? Good Luck

We had this happen to our Kluger within the first twelve months of ownership. The dealer ordered in a new unit, replaced the unit when it arrived and a couple of weeks later the stuck CDs were returned.

From my conversations with the receptionist I formed the impression that I wasn't the first to have the problem and that it was a reasonably common problem. You might have some luck having a friendly chat with your local dealer.

• 5 years later...

Hi all kluger owners to this topic

I finally resolved this issues by disconnecting the battery and get reconnect, then it's been reset. and good as always. hope this may help your issues. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback Michael.  Always good to get it when a problem has been solved as it helps others.
I dont have a Toyota head unit in mine as I replaced it, but I was wondering if yours has a pin hole on the facia anywhere to release a stuck cd like they have on home audio or computer cd drives?  Would make it a lot easier if they did?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 12:28 AM, 11/16Aurion 12Kluger said:

Thanks for the feedback Michael.  Always good to get it when a problem has been solved as it helps others.
I dont have a Toyota head unit in mine as I replaced it, but I was wondering if yours has a pin hole on the facia anywhere to release a stuck cd like they have on home audio or computer cd drives?  Would make it a lot easier if they did?

Thanks mate for following this topic, as you may know that this issue has been resoved be disconnecting and reconnecting the battery (reset the radio)...haha 🙂

And you must know by now (from another topic) I've sold my 2009 KXR before Xmas 2019.

I had a 2009 Kluger and 2009 Aurion, before covid19 lockdown, I'm thinking of buy 2021 Kluger and 2020 Camry  (bigger and fancier than 2009 Aurion), fingers crossed...

I love this forum since I found it here, I can get all the information I need from your guys, catch up soon...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Michael.  I have been eyeing off the current Klugers, with the run out deals they are offering they are a steal and from reports a solid vehicle.  My 2012 only has 110,000 on it so it is still like new to drive.  See what the future holds?
Have you looked at the US Toyota Nation site as well?  That is also a great resource for Kluger owners.

1 hour ago, 11/16Aurion 12Kluger said:

Hi Michael.  I have been eyeing off the current Klugers, with the run out deals they are offering they are a steal and from reports a solid vehicle.  My 2012 only has 110,000 on it so it is still like new to drive.  See what the future holds?
Have you looked at the US Toyota Nation site as well?  That is also a great resource for Kluger owners.

I'm pretty sure, your 2012 kluger can run another 100,000km without any issue. I believe that's why we choose Toyota. and Yes, I did spend a lot time on youtube following US market feedback on new klugers, especially the new 2021 Hybrid model, let's wait and see