Extractor for 1zz-fe

HI all,

Anyone has recommendations what type of extractor i should buy for my 1zz-fe sedan. What price range should i be looking at and what brand r good for corollas?

Also, with extractor installed would that increase engin noise? or exchaust noise? I'm not too fond of loud exchaust, i like to be able to hear my music.

Thanks

Hey,

i can try and get you another one of the one that i sold before.

otherwise, speak to danz about the 4-2-1 Wildcat i think its called.

there's other australian brands around for about $400~600.

if you wanted another one of the stainless custom extractors it'll be about $350 + post, for a brand new one.

cheers.

mm....can i get more detail regarding the extractor u had before? LIke what brad it is and stuff? I think something that makes more mid and low end torque will be more benifitical to me, since i drive people around heaps. Its very painful driving an auto with a full car....

Cheers

wildcat 4-2-1 header is it then. but u need to get full exhaust change to use this header because it is a long header, 3 times longer than standard.

Is there anything that doesn't require me to change the full exhaust?? How much did it cost u Danz for the full exhaust and installation?

Approx $740, it includes:

Header, Flex joint, redback sports resonator, redback sports muffler, 2.25' piping press bent

I'm not sure if header alone gives you significant gain, because the standard piping of 1zz-fe corolla is pretty small and it needs better muffler.

• 1 year later...

I thought the Wildcats were a basic bolt-on. Do you really need to get the rest of the exhaust system done?

And whats the retail price on the wildcats themselves?

And I know this is an old thread, but atleast I did the search instead of making a whole new thread like everyone seems to hate.

Cheers,

C.j

When you install WildCat, you need to shift back the Catalytic so it gives enough room for flex joint to be installed between the end of the header and the catalytic. Sure you can use your standard piping which is then shortened a little - but may aswell install new and bit bigger piping.

Then comes in new muffler if you haven't already have one, which in many cases requires new axle-back piping to begin with.

So in the end, you may aswell change the whole lot (except for the catalytic).

All they do is shift everyone down lower, u dont have to change the zorst, the headers longer so they chop the flex and pipe, and shift it down.

Im using it right now with the exuast tape i got from Ebay for $40, i gotta u get itchy and stuff from the fiberglass but its worth it hahaha....

My automatic box now no longer has bog between gear change, all i can feel when i put my foot down is the car getting so much more lighter.....

Wildcat headers and exhaust, with 2.25 piping 9/10 hahhaha.

cheers :clap:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=9756 :whistling:

better design than wildcat, less bends, made out of steampipe; more durable & heat resistant - AND... CHEAPER!!!

as others have said, for the longer/better header designs you can keep the stock exhaust and just get it chopped and flanged, or put a flex in there if you want...

something i bet people didnt know, is that the stock piping on the 1zz exhaust system between the extractors and the cat is 2.5"...

I'm mainly looking at the Wildcats cause I want more Torque. Will those $200 ones perform as well?

The saying u pay for wat u get is apparent here bruv..i went cheep first ,maan was i disappointed..Dansz on the right track wif about 7 hunge plus,a good quality header needs a matching system if not itll sound great but no power,ive been there before (three times) shop around..but the members are on the right track with the wildcat & 2 1/4 inch system an all that bosh.. :lol:

I have now realised that The Goose already has the Sportivo exhaust from the at back. So the only thing missing is some nice headers. So I'll get some of those and just move the cat down a bit or whatever and it should be sweet. :clap:

Cheers,

C.j

• 5 weeks later...

The exhaust shop I went to called up X-Force and they apparantly have a set of headers/extractors for the 1zz-fe? Anyone had any experience with this header? He said it was going to cost me $450 alone without fitting. Also what are the gains? With a 2.25" cat-back system already installed?

• 1 year later...
No wildcat for 2zz-ge :(

It's easy to make gains on a 1zz with extractors, 2zz is a lot harder.

Because its already "up there" in terms of gains so to speak ?????

There are gains to be had if significant R&D is put in, ala the TRD extractors and PPE race extractors. But porting the factory manifold is the best value for money. Many others have tried, and failed, to make power over the stock manifold.

There are gains to be had if significant R&D is put in, ala the TRD extractors and PPE race extractors. But porting the factory manifold is the best value for money. Many others have tried, and failed, to make power over the stock manifold.

Will the headers for Celica GTS fit the stivo? Or the Matrix XRS (2zz-ge) ? or the RunX ?