Blown Fuse? Interior Lights not Working.

tanny

So your park lights and tail lights don't work? If they don't the fuse is under the glovebox inside the car, Fuse number 10. Tail - 15A, that does all of them.

they work. I meant I took the T5 globes out from the gear selector just to make sure it wasnt interfering with the climate control lights

The T5 may be faulty creating a short, try it the other way if you haven't yet, if it throws the climate control lights no matter which way you have the T5 then the bulb is definately faulty.

The T5 may be faulty creating a short, try it the other way if you haven't yet, if it throws the climate control lights no matter which way you have the T5 then the bulb is definately faulty.

Okay well i need to buy more T5 globes to eliminate that problem as i have already tried 3 different bulbs, put it into the 2 gear selector ports and put it into different positions.

If the new globes that i will buy tomorrow are not fauly. What could be the cause? we have tried the bulbs, and the fuses. does that leave the wires?

should i replace every fuse?

is it something i could do or would it be best for toyota to do it.

thanks you very much for helping me this far graeme and at this hour aswell.

Does the light in the boot work?

Does the dome light come on when you open the door?

You need to check there is power coming into the fuse.

You can do this with a multi meter, put the black cable from the multi meter on the chassis and the red cable on to each side of the fuse,

If you get 12vdc both sides you know the faults not the fuse and is further along the line

I can't recall where it is but it should be that fuse.

Make sure you have the car turned off before performing electrical work.

Not only can you stuff your car, you can get injuries as well. It only takes .3 amps to kill, not only that, if you accidentally get an airbag wire it can do serious demage, and the Aurion as you probably know has 6.

Depending on what you have to test, multimeter or test light, if you connect the test light earth then probe the socket, the terminal that lights up the test light is positive so you need to get the led in the right way for that, if you are using a multimeter, black wire to earth as 07Prodigy said then probe that socket with the red till you get a 12vdc reading, if it's -12v you have the earth side but you shouldn't get any reading from the earth (negative) in the socket. Can you test the leds to see if the work? It's always good to know the bulb does work.

Satori893 you said

" if you are using a multimeter, black wire to earth as 07Prodigy said then probe that socket with the red till you get a 12vdc reading, if it's -12v you have the earth side but you shouldn't get any reading from the earth (negative) in the socket."

I just want to note, if you are using a multimeter with the black lead to the chassis, and your red to the earth (which is still the chassis) you should get a 0.0vdc

If you have the red lead on the chassis and the black on the positive then you will -12vdc

Please note that 12vdc is just a general term so to speak, you may get upto 13.8