Hi I am new here

Erikkson

Hi everyone, I just bought a 2013 Aurion (Toyota Certified Premium Used Vehicle).

12,000 km on the odometer

Melbourne

It was formerly a Toyota company car from the Altona plant, so technically I am the first private owner.

I have tried to read the FAQs and searched the threads in this forum, but there are still some queries:

- What am I entitled to as a purchaser of a Toyota Certified Premium Used Vehicle.

- I was offered the 5-year extended warranty at $1,295 with capped price servicing (factory 3-year warranty runs out in Oct 2016). Is it advisable to purchase this?

- I was offered the reverse parking sensors with a one-line alphanumeric display (about 3 cm diagonal length) that can be installed above my rear view mirror, for a price of $500 by the Toyota dealer. Is this a good deal, or I can get a better deal elsewhere?

- Tinted windows to regulatory standards ( can't remember what is the SPF factor) but I was told the film blocks out 60% of the visible light and UV rays. Price is $375. Is it worth value for money?

- Where can I find a reliable installer for retrofitting aftermarket products like fog lights and front facing cameras and dashcams?

Thanks heaps for your advice and my apologies if these questions have been asked before. Please point me to the right direction.

Hey mate, I don't think those parking sensors sound genuine Toyota, I'd do a bit of research first on all there's items.

Tint in qld is 35% is darkest legal, I'd go to master tint personal for that, the warranty I'm not sure about, you'd have to read the fine print, I got a 6 year warranty with mine only to find out it only covers up to $1200 the rest I have to pay.

After market fog lamps, I'd go to the wreckers and get a used set or go to Toyota and get genuine ones. The reason for this is the Toyota ones are pretty good, and a lot of toyota models already have 90% of what you need already installed, so you pretty much just if and play.

Reverse can again I'd go with genuine, try going to the wreckers before you go to Toyota, having said that Toyota can some times be more expensive.

I'm going to get the reverse can in the mirror,Toyota does this a genuine and looks good.