Toyota Hiace 1982 Gearbox

JoelShiva

Hi
I have a 1982 toyota hiace 5 speed column shift, engine 18R-C and the 1st gear pops out, I know I will probably have to find a second hand gearbox, is there any other gearboxes that will work in this model of hiace?

Thanks

Joel

If you enter the VIN for your Hi-Ace you should be able to identify the gearbox part number or at least the rear extension housing number.

http://japan-parts.eu/toyota/#

On the site once you have identified the Toyota part number you can do a parts cross-reference on the same page

This can be a little time consuming but may help you to know which vehicles to look for. By vehicle description I could only find 4 speed boxes for 1982 Hi-Aces

We used a 1997 Hi-Lux box in a HQ tonner project a few years back. I was told the box came from a Supra (W58) but was in fact from a Hi-Lux (W59).

They use the same basic box and change the rear extension housing and shifter block for the linkages.

Hope this is useful as it has illustrations of the parts too. Most of the sites i previously used have had to remove the drawings.

Edited by 01 VEY

Hey
Its a 1982 toyota hiace campervan and it has 5 gears and reverse so it's definitely a 5 speed column shift. Is there any other gearboxs that will fit?

• 1 year later...

Hi Joel

I am looking for a 5 speed column shift gearbox. Would u still have this one or know where I can find one? Thank you for ur help mate. Please email if you can help to allanharris86@gmail.com.

2 hours ago, Allan Harris said:

Hi Joel

I am looking for a 5 speed column shift gearbox. Would u still have this one or know where I can find one? Thank you for ur help mate. Please email if you can help to allanharris86@gmail.com.

Please look closely at the dates on previous posts prior to posting.