kluger rear glass door issue

simonjnunn

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue!!!

It has just started.

When I start my car the rear glass door unlocks.

I hear a click and the display screen says "GLASS DOOR" and the warning triangle appears.

Did anyone find a fix for it?

Edited by Nigel Weepers

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has not happened to my 2012 yet but was wondering if anyone had tried resetting the ecu?
That would be the first easy fix I would try.  Disconnect the negative terminal for 10-15 minutes.
(When you do this you will find that the tailgate will not open.  Just lock and unlock the car using the drivers door button to fix that.)
Let us know if this works?

• 1 year later...

I had this issue for the past 12 months it started off happening randomly then as time went on it happened more frequently. My fix for the issue was to unhook the power plug to the rear glass lock. To do this requires removing the inner rear tailgate panel. This makes the rear glass inoperable but we never used it anyway. When driving you can hear a faint click sound every now and then coming from the left side of the vehicle in the luggage area but no more open window. The process took 15 minutes to do so fairly simple.

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I have fixed the issue its a temp fix but works...

All you do when you get into car LOCK All doors before starting and glass windows does not open.

I tried it for past week, when I don't LOCK doors before starting window opens.

Hope this helps as it was super annoying closing glass door everytime car starts.

Thanks Michael 

I have to say, that is a very strange issue. I wonder if there is something going within the wiring harness that controls the rear tailgate. Could be an intermittent short happening when starting the engine. One would need to consult an electrical diagram and then go about probing the relevant pinouts. I don't expect anyone do it as a DIY, I'm just saying in general. This would definitely be a job for someone clever with modern day car electrics who uses the proper test equipment.

Have Toyota ever offered a solution or are just as dumb founded ?? 

9 hours ago, Michael ss said:

I didn't go to Toyota as they would sting me a whole lot of money for nothing

I think I assumed you have your car serviced there like most tend to do and you could've just asked for advice on it. Then again, they'd probably be cagey about it and want you to book it so they can milk more money out of you. They wouldn't offer free advice I think.

• 8 months later...