New guy from Tassie.

Hi guys, just bought a 2010 AURION Sportivo SX6 this morning so I thought I might involve myself with some TOYOTA enthusiasts to get a feel for it. Been a strong Mitsubishi man for many years but when my trusty Magna shed its' transmission, we needed a similar sized replacement and this silver Sportivo fitted the bill. Don't pick it up till Monday arvo,( can you believe they wouldn't let me take it home after paying a whole $200 deposit?), so I'm champing at the bit to get behind that little leather wheel again! Looking forward to long term relationship with my new AURION so any tips and hints would be greatly appreciated................MIKHALE

post-38511-0-51576800-1435394007_thumb.j

• Like 1

So sorry Scott !!!

Had a random collection of Sportivo pics off google, (mostly from CARSALES.COM), and as I haven't taken photos of my Aurion yet, felt the need to use 'a good one' for my profile pic. As fate would have it I chose that one,(should have known it was too good a photo from a car yard). Once again so sorry to use your photo mate, will replace it with something else that hopefully doesn't belong to someone on the forum!

Still haven't been able to pick up my car because the dealer is getting some scuff marks repaired on several wheels and we decided to leave it with them until the job is done to our satisfaction......... I hate waiting !!!

No worries man! :). It's allgood, not like it's a photo of the outside of my car or anything :lol:, but when I saw the photo I thought it looked a bit too familiar, lol. You can keep it up there if you like B)

Thanks for that but will stick with this dodgy one until I can take some of my own. By the way Scott great photos in your gallery!

Haha cool as mate. Thanks! I bet it's an anxious wait to pick up the Aurion from the dealership. Mine's currently been at the panel beaters for the last 3-weeks (don't ask, lol) and I'm eager to get it back, so I can certainly relate. Looking forward to seeing some pics from you when you finally have it home :)

Mine's currently been at the panel beaters for the last 3-weeks (don't ask, lol) and I'm eager to get it back, it back, so I can certainly relate.

I have learnt from being married that I am supposed to ask. :p

What happened?

Mine's currently been at the panel beaters for the last 3-weeks (don't ask, lol) and I'm eager to get it back, it back, so I can certainly relate.

I have learnt from being married that I am supposed to ask. :P

What happened?

I....um.....had a little incident at a roundabout on the way to work one morning :whistling:. Lets just say that the Aurion needed a new front bumper, RH fog light, RH headlight, bonnet, grille, radiator and bumper reinforcer. My panel beater got all new parts from the dealership luckily, rather than secondhand, so the parts came to $3,968, plus another 3k in labour. Thank God for insurance! ^_^. First accident I've had for a long time though, and will hopefully be the last! But I won't put a damper on this guy's thread :P. I'll post some photos when I get it back ;)

Finally have my Aurion !

Picked it up late this arvo and the repaired wheels look like brand new. Only 63K on the clock so hopefully will get many years of trouble free motoring from it. So looking forward to going for a long drive on some twisty Tassie roads, (without becoming part of the scenery of course!)

post-38511-0-92686500-1436528357_thumb.j

Edited by MIKHALE