My '06 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo

Full-Throttle

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2016 at 10:12 PM, Sportivo_05 said:

Are you still running the king springs?? just wondering if you used the standard shocks or not?

Yes, still using King Springs with the standard shocks. Planning on changing to aftermarket shocks in the near future just because the current ones have done 200k so are likely starting to get tired, but there have been no issues using the King Springs with them.

12 hours ago, Sportivo_05 said:

Sweet, are they lows or super lows?? And would you happen to have any pics of it lowered with stock wgeels??

They're super lows. My Aurion came with the optional 18" TRD wheels, so all of the photos on previous pages of this thread are how it sat with the factory wheels.

• 1 month later...

Quick Saturday mod - I pulled off my old foam EZ Lip and installed this glossy carbon lip in it's place. Was difficult to photograph due to the glossiness but you get the idea :)

IMG_2901-resized.jpg

IMG_2899-resized.jpg

IMG_2896-resized.jpg

IMG_2897-resized.jpg

Edited by Full-Throttle

• 3 weeks later...

I installed these LED bumper reflectors today. I haven't see this particular style on any Aurion before so when I saw them I knew I had to have a set :). They're designed to be 100% plug-and-play with no splicing required and mount the exact same way as the stock reflectors.

The worst part about the whole job is that you have to remove the rear bumper in order to get to the screw on the back holding the reflector in, but it didn't turn out to be as difficult as I had imagined.

After fitting them I found that they were really quite bright, in fact too bright, so I put a layer of tint film over each light to dull down the light output a bit. Not 100% sold on the tinted look however, so time will tell if I pull the tint off or not. Either way, the lights are here to stay.

The lights come on when the park lights are on and get brighter when you brake. They also have the ability to flash when you indicate, but this looked tacky in my opinion so I left that particular plug disconnected.

All in all it's a nice simplistic mod that looks like it was there from the factory. Below are a series of photos in their original form and then tinted.

IMG_2987-resized.jpg

IMG_2989-resized.jpg

IMG_2990-resized.jpg

IMG_2992-resized.jpg

IMG_3010-resized.jpg

IMG_3011-resized.jpg

IMG_3013-resized.jpg

IMG_3014-resized.jpg

IMG_3020-resized.jpg

Also, these carbon fiber vent stickers arrived in the mail today so I figured I'd chuck them on and see how they look. I'm not normally a fan of dull/matte carbon fiber designs but these were nice and cheap. I traced around them before sticking them on so I can try and make my own ones out of glossy carbon in future:

IMG_3029-resized.jpg

IMG_3030-resized.jpg

IMG_3027-resized.jpg

5 minutes ago, trentmeyer23 said:

You could possibly throw a resistor in and lower the input voltage to dim the LED.

I had considered that, but I suck when it comes to that sort of stuff, so I bought some red vinyl online tonight instead. That way it'll still be red but the vinyl should cut out a lot of the glare/brightness.

Something a bit different from me - Night shots!! We decided to take the kids into town last night since they've never been before, so while we were there I took the opportunity to take some night shots of the Aurion with the Auckland Sky Tower in the background.

IMG_3044_5_6_tonemapped-3-resized.jpg

IMG_3050_1_2_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3062_3_4_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3068_69_70_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3071_2_3_tonemapped-2-resized.jpg

IMG_3080_1_2_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

Figured that I should post a few other small things that have been done over the last couple of months that made a noticeable difference (or at least to me anyway, haha). The photos were taken before some of the latest updates (carbon lip etc) but include chrome trim around the silver dash inserts and front fog light surrounds, a facelift Aurion license plate bracket that I modified to fit the pre-facelift front bumper so the plate sits nicer with the large frame, the reinstall of my original knob type A/C controls but wrapped in carbon vinyl to match my centre console and an updated photo of my engine bay as it stands right now.

20160325_122324-resized.jpg

IMG_2884-resized.jpg

IMG_2889-resized.jpg

IMG_2887-resized.jpg

IMG_2883-resized.jpg

IMG_2921-resized.jpg

IMG_2922-resized.jpg

IMG_2908-resized.jpg

IMG_2652-before-resized.jpg

IMG_2656-after-resized.jpg

IMG_2654-before-resized.jpg

IMG_2658-after-resized.jpg

Great Photo's FT..where about's in the land of the long white cloud is that?

Looks beautiful thanks as usual for the Pic's

KAA

On 5/8/2016 at 5:38 PM, KAA said:

Great Photo's FT..where about's in the land of the long white cloud is that?

Looks beautiful thanks as usual for the Pic's

KAA

Thanks mate :). The first 3 photos were taken at Omana Regional Park, and the last photo was taken near Kawakawa Bay, both here in Auckland and only about a half hour drive from my house.

After almost a year of the having the King Springs installed and never really being satisfied with the horrendous fender gap at the front compared to the slammed look at the back, I decided to do something about it and get new springs and shocks. I toyed with the idea of coilovers, but due to needing a cert it just wasn't justifiable enough for me, but luckily these new Dobi springs have dropped it to a coilover-like height without all of the extra expense. To achieve the perfect drop all round I ended up reusing the King Springs in the rear and only used the Dobi springs in the front.

You may notice that the carbon front lip isn't in the photos.....Reason being is that it ripped off from the front bumper trying to get into my garage....twice. So after two unsuccessful attempts to overcome the small concrete lip at the entrance of the garage I decided that a front lip is just never going to work at this sort of height. Even now the bottom of the bumper scrapes against the concrete coming in, and that's minor compared to most places I go, so it's probably for the best :D

IMG_3190-resized.jpg

IMG_3197-resized.jpg

IMG_3204_5_6_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3207_8_9_tonemapped1-resized.jpg

IMG_3219_20_21_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3210_1_2_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3237_8_9_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3228-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3231-1-resized.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2016 at 11:08 PM, KAA said:

Love the way it fits the guards..well done

Thanks! I'm loving the new height (or lack of) at the front.

On 5/21/2016 at 4:17 AM, sportivo2007 said:

One of the best aurion builds looks amazing ! keep up the great work 

Cheers mate. Much appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to do a couple of small things to the Aurion this weekend. Had some stick-on chrome trim left so put some around the rear lip. Hard to notice unless you know it's not meant to be there, but makes it look a little better back there.

Tinted the LED bumper reflectors with a 50% opacity black film, so it's now the same colour as the tail lights and has no more glare but isn't fully black when switched off (much better than the 20% tint or red film I tried previously).

And, last but not least, loaded some custom dash faces onto my head-unit which work with the DashCommand OBD-II software I have installed.

IMG_3421-revised.jpg

IMG_3432-resized.jpg

IMG_3425-resized.jpg

IMG_3407-resized.jpg

IMG_3411-resized.jpg

IMG_3412-resized.jpg

IMG_3416-resized.jpg

IMG_3415-resized.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...