My '06 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo

Full-Throttle

On 1/30/2017 at 1:16 AM, KAA said:

Looks Great..at least you will have the Photo's for memories as you hear it slowly being destroyed.

KAA

Haha, that's the spirit!! :D

Well, it's been a week so far and the splitter is still there, without any real damage. I've scraped it on a bunch of entrances etc, despite being extremely careful and taking extreme angles wherever possible, but so far so good. The goal of making it to at least a month could well be achievable, but time will tell ;)

Obligatory victory shot:

IMG_3826_7_8_tonemapped-5-final-resized.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scott,

I bought myself a 2007 Aurion Sportive SX6 yesterday, love it so far! I'm probably going to take quite a bit of inspiration from your build as I love the way yours looks! 

You don't happen to recall where you got you 'Aftermarket red 'Heat Emblem' in Toyota boot badge' from do you? I can't seem to find one online... Do they have the same thing for the steering wheel emblem as well?

Thanks!
Stu

Hey guys

Im very new to all this forum stuff so forgive if im writing in the wrong section. Ive had a look at this thread and love what you have done to your ride and i am wondering where the best place would be to pick up a blade master g wheel for my 07 aurion.

Thanks

Kylomac

As usual FT..You rock the pic's..thanks

It is always a pleasure to view your Aurion in such surroundings

KAA

Poor FT had to say goodbye to his beloved SX6 but you can say Hi to its new owner. 

Thanks Scott, this guy knows his stuff and was a real pleasure dealing with him. Quite funny really because 1 week ago I'd never considered owning an Aurion but his one really caught my eye. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gen X said:

Poor FT had to say goodbye to his beloved SX6 but you can say Hi to its new owner. 

Thanks Scott, this guy knows his stuff and was a real pleasure dealing with him. Quite funny really because 1 week ago I'd never considered owning an Aurion but his one really caught my eye. 

Welcome. 

Good to see the car will stay on the forums.

3 hours ago, Gen X said:

Scott needs to stop having so many kids, they're driving him away from all the cool cars.

• 2 months later...

So a couple of changes, first, removed the VVT sticker on the rear window and the King Springs stickers on the rear quarter windows as I am not a fan of stickers. Have taken the front lip off as it just scrapes too much for my liking (quarter of it came off the first week but reattached no problem, sorry Scott!). May look into something else but at the moment it's not a priority. Today I fitted a 140w (Bridged) amp and 10" JBL Bazzoka sub to the existing stereo, did this the proper way too, no shortcuts (Apart from the power wire fuse under the bonnet is taped underneath the pod piping till I find a screw that fits an existing threaded hole in the strut tower). Removed the back seat, drivers seat and top of the console so I could thread the wires through. Also found a little hose like hole in one of the rubber grommet things on the firewall so got the power cable through to the cab quite easily. Surprised how easily the console and stereo comes out, was expecting a mare and not looking forward to it so that was a pleasant experience. 

Thinking of changing the stereo though as there is just not enough memory and the Android OS is KitKat so no transferring/storing apps onto a memory card (Think this was introduced with Marshmallow) and I had real trouble trying to find a music app that would read my iPod classic. The one I did find works, but for the first 10 mins of so songs keep freezing. It's a bit annoying. I'll see how much my Aussie tax return will be before I make a decision, afterall, a stereo is a luxery! lol. 

Anyway, just thought I'd keep you posted and that it's being looked after. Added a pic after yesterdays wash. 

597d8f2279cda_AurionJuly17.thumb.JPG.98d18ceb4f2cd6c2d0755fc247b620ce.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well guys, it's been almost 2-years and I bought the Aurion back a couple of weeks ago from the same person I sold it to (poster above). When I originally sold the Aurion it was a regretful sale, but we were buying our first home and the difference between our offer on the house and what the seller was willing to accept was about the cost of the Aurion, so sadly it had to go. I've wanted it back ever since, so when the opportunity arose to buy it back I decided to take it.

She still looks the same as the day I sold her, albeit with a few more km's and stone chips here and there, but for the most part she's exactly as I remember. I also have a Lexus IS350 which I take turns driving to work on alternate days, but they both share the garage together and it's a nice feeling to have the old girl back again.

IMG_5125-3.jpg

IMG_5130-1.jpg

IMG_5131-1.jpg

IMG_5134-1.jpg

IMG_5075.JPG

IMG_5076.JPG

IMG_5077.JPG

IMG_5079.JPG

IMG_5080.JPG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KAA said:

Scott she still looks great..Congrats on getting her back

KAA

Thanks mate. I'll have to get a photo of the two cars together sometime.

In the meantime, here's some of the IS350.

I bought it completely stock in May 2018, but so far have done: Front and rear bumper lips, throttle controller, carbon wrapped center console, trunk lip spoiler, roof spoiler, Vland tail lights, S2000 muffler tips, AF Dynamic air intake, chrome fog light surrounds, custom LED rear bumper reflectors, rear bumper reflector surrounds, Lexus light up high stop lamp, headlight eyelids, front mudflaps, facelift F-Sport grille, anodized red brake calipers, 20% window tint and a leather stitched dash mat.

IMG_5041-1.jpg

IMG_5043-1.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_4866_7_8_tonemapped-1.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_5013-1.jpg

Edited by Full-Throttle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Speedz said:

Very damn f-ing nice IS 350!

If I were to nickpick is probably the headlights, the rear looks excellent! 

Thanks! Yeah the headlights are the factory HID ones with AFS. I would like to go for the facelift headlights that have the daytime running lamp built into the bottom, but they're $$$$. Vland have just released a new full LED headlight for this model which is very different, but I'm on the fence at the moment.

Couple more pics that for some reason wouldn't work on the previous post:

IMG_5020-1.jpg

IMG_4600-1_1.jpg
Edited by Full-Throttle
  • Like 2

I've had this particular style of LED rear bumper lamps installed for the last 3-years, but after noticing that one of them had moisture inside the lens I decided to swap them out for new ones - And to my surprise, they now do one with a sequential indicator instead of a normal flashing one, so they're even better than before! :)

Here's the video I uploaded to YouTube earlier: https://youtu.be/ty8JQPmolFA

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 1:52 PM, Full-Throttle said:

Thanks! Yeah the headlights are the factory HID ones with AFS. I would like to go for the facelift headlights that have the daytime running lamp built into the bottom, but they're $$$$. Vland have just released a new full LED headlight for this model which is very different, but I'm on the fence at the moment.

Couple more pics that for some reason wouldn't work on the previous post:

IMG_5020-1.jpg

IMG_4600-1_1.jpg

Those tail lights 👌

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey mate, I'm not sure if you still look at these forums but I was wondering how you managed to get a traction control button on the 40 series Aurion? I have an 07' Presara and would love to get one installed.