Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone can give me some tips on deciding on what tint to get for my 2012 Corolla Ascent?

Has anyone in SA had any good experiences with a particular company? I've had a few quotes from ProTint, D&S Tint and D&S Auto, Tint-A-Car etc.
At this stage I'm leaning towards D&S Tint's quote of $250 for a 35% Carbon Tint.
I know there are a few different tints available too (Carbon, Ceramic etc) and am wondering what you guys recommend?

D&S Auto also offer a tint called CXP tint which apparently blocks out 20% more heat and their quote for that was $300. At this stage I'd like to go with the more affordable option but would love to hear your experiences with tinting and what to look out for.

Thanks in advance!
Nat.

Try to ask about 3M crystalline, it blocks a lot and is newest innovation, but also costs much. Look for options without metal to prevent possible transmission issues, use good brands not cheapest stuff.

I can't afford 3M. It sounds great but not within my budget. Although this site suggests that Carbon CXP (which D&S quoted me for $300), is a Ceramic film like 3M Crystalline.
Any experiences with Carbon vs Ceramic and pro's/ con's of both?

Carbon is also good, for example SunTek. The main difference is between cheap and expensive films. Colour will fade on cheap ones, also if and when you'll have to remove them the colour will separate from the film and leave on the glass. I thinlk Carbon and Ceramic are just films made with different materials, nothing more.