2zz Rocker cover gasket leak

At last service almost 10 000kms ago, mechanic said rocker cover gasket was beginning to leak on my 05 sportivo, car is now leaking oil on a regular basis. What would i be looking at in terms of cost to get this repaired? Would I save myself much by ordering a 2zz value cover gasket (i assume this is the same thing) from monkey wrench and supplying it to the mechanic when I get the car serviced?

It's $60 give or take tax. Pretty easy to do. Take off the plastic cover (don't know why you would still have that on) Discon the plug harness (4 of them) then remove the 4 plugs. Go around the edge of the valve cover to remove all the bolts. And some do have clip for securing another harness so just remember there position.

Might need to gently pry the cover up with a screwy. Scrap off the gunk and you will notice 2 blobs of adhesive need to remove that too (those blobs are where the case is joined. Clearly you see the join line).

Before slap down the new gasket, put high temp gasket maker on the joins, so you do 2 joins each the size of a pea)

Just get the gasket from Toyota. You're only going to save if you get it from supercheap but do you want to risk a job not done well and have to do it again because you used another part

• 4 weeks later...