VSC engine warning lights !

ATE

vsc + engine warning lights come on randomly....... During a service in Toyota dealer, they checked and couldn't find any faults.

Anyone else experiencing this? How to fix?

Thanks.

Kulgera 2004 Grande.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

My wifes Kluger has just started to do this as well. We had the front struts replaced about a week before which could be a coincidence or not. She said the lights came on after going over some rough roadworks,  but the car behaved the same as it always does.

But now it's starting to run a little bit rough and blowing black smoke.

Any ideas?

thanks, Andrew

Most likely because I was researching about coil packs last week, the engine running rough could be either a coil pack going bad or it is loose.

Best to hook up an OBD II scanner to read any error codes.

2 hours ago, Not for highway use said:

Hi Guys,

My wifes Kluger has just started to do this as well. We had the front struts replaced about a week before which could be a coincidence or not. She said the lights came on after going over some rough roadworks,  but the car behaved the same as it always does.

But now it's starting to run a little bit rough and blowing black smoke.

Any ideas?

thanks, Andrew

It would be pure coincidence.

Your best best would be to have it diagnosed correctly, that way you aren't going to just throw parts at it.

Thanks Trent,

Grabbed a Bosch scan tool from work and plugged it in. Showed a P0172 and 175 reading in Bank 1 and bank 2. cleared the codes and took it for a brief run and seems to be running well now with no warning lights. I'll give it another week or so and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Andrew.

• 2 years later...

My 2005 Kluger has had engine light on for past 12 months got it read when light first came on and it said heater control switch, I have removed and checked heater control and it works perfectly. Have just done computer reset and light has come back on. 

Any ideas where else to check 

• 5 months later...
On 2/23/2020 at 9:21 AM, Tony Bannerman said:

My 2005 Kluger has had engine light on for past 12 months got it read when light first came on and it said heater control switch, I have removed and checked heater control and it works perfectly. Have just done computer reset and light has come back on. 

Any ideas where else to check 

Check the wire that connects to the vacuum solenoid located on the air filter box intake tube.  It has a black plug and 3 vacuum hoses coming off it.
If that wire is not connected correctly it will show VSC and other warning lights.
That solenoid also has a habit of sticking.  Remove and cycle it with a 12V battery a few times to hear it click (either pin is ok as it is not neg or pos specific).  If it still sticks replace it.
It also gives a sensation of spongy brakes.

• 4 months later...

I have a 2007 Toyota Kluger and have replaced the a/f sensor and have disconnected the battery to reset everything,took the car for a drive and it was all good but then after driving for about 50 to 100 ks the vsc and check engine light comes back on,have done this a few times now,can anyone tell me what’s going on now