What Rav for me ??

eyspy

Hi

I am in the market for 2 Rav 4's and would love to get some advice before a hard financial decision has to be made.

I do not own one at present, I own a 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2litre which I like.

My family has just gotten larger with the arrival of our newest son to become family of 7. We also have an old Toyota camry and have been using 2 cars for quite a while.

I spoke with my wife about up grading to a 200 series Landcruiser so we could all fit in the one vehicle and travel together camping and family outings etc....

So I went to our local Toyota dealership today and after inspecting the 200 series found that the leg room in the third row seats was really for kids only, and the luggage space when using the third row seats was minuscule to say the least. Throw in a pusher and nappy bag and that's it ! So the cruiser is OFF the list.

Then I realised that we would still have to maintain two vehicles unless we wanted to go to a people mover (and I don't), so I thought 2 Rav 4 cruisers might fit the bill nicely, but I do not know enough about them. I have done some research on 'productreview.com', and by far it's a highly praised vehicle, but felt a members forum like this may shed some more light ?

I do not want a high milage older model. No earlier than 2006 with under 50,000 kms is what I am thinking. Third or 4th generation, what is the better of the two and why ?

Fuel consumption is a big issue for our high milage family, what is a realistic figure I can expect ? (not really interested in the diesel)

I really appreciate any help members can give me. Thanks in advance .....

I looked at the current RAV4 before purchasing my Camry just over 2 years ago. For me the RAV offered less interior / boot space than the camry so it wasn't even a question. In hindsight, the only reasons why going RAV4 would have been if i wanted a diesel fuel option or wanted the option of being able to lay down the back seats if needing to transport larger items.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Don't get the diesel !!!

See in this forum with regards the excessive oil consumption.

Cheers

Talbit