Extractors Installed 10/05/2004

bill - great post

my .0265478% / Dollar is that when you modify a car, you do it to make the car batter overall. better responce, stability, traction, fuel efficiency etc. NOT FOR MAX HP/kW.

Hence why I posted this topic in the first place. to show people what my experiance was from installing the TRD Extractors. by giving them a visual aid in the form of both the dyno and the video they can decide themselves whether or no it is worth their while to do a simialr mod to their car to make an already great driving car even MORE enjoyable to drive.

Thank You Bill! B)

Xoom:

101kw @ wheels = 135.44 horses @ wheels = 135.44 kw @ engine

103kw @ wheels = 135.44 horses @ wheels = 138.13 kw @ engine

My figures aren't too far out from Bill's......yet no-one seems to believe me? <_<

Pecker: Just got the Sportivo off the weigh bridge at work, and in stock trim, with a full tank of gas....the Stivo weighs 1180KG. I had a levin and that only weighed 1111kg. the 154kg of extra weight may the difference between an ascent and a stivo. Even though toyota says the car weights 1224kg....i find that incorrect.

-Chris

This same topic ran for 12 months on the SA forum with 20 odd Runx owners working themselves up into a frenzy over their cars being underpowered to the claimed 141kw to the point where they actually started to take Toyota on in the media.

The result, Toyota engine dynoed the car from the owner making the most noise about his car being the most underpowered according to a his mates chasis dyno (104kw at the wheels).

Final result: His engine achieved 143kw at the flywheel. Toyota put his car back together and then began action to forceably shut down that forum.

On the dyno Peekay had his unichip tuned on a 99 model WRX puts out 97kw at the wheels Peekays with just the TRD induction did 102kw. Nobody has questioned the power output of WRX's, so judging by that the Stivo looks to be pretty much spot on.

Lets not turn into the South Africans, and just enjoy what we have. :D

Mr. Danthuyer: I agree with you....

Thanks for going to the effort of posting your dyno figures by the way... i think ill be saving up for a CAI and Extractors now too....

Thats my 1/7 yens worth.

maybe if everyone wants to argue power figures post a new topic and not spoil Danthuyer parade. (thats not sarcastic btw)

Hi Guys i haven't posted in this forum for a while now. Its good to see this forum growing and there is lots more C-sportivo out on the road.

I think all this KW started when Motors mag august/03 edition compare the hot hatchs, they rated our c-sportivo the lowerest and it was 87kw@wheels. They also mention that the car is hero on paper but not when its on road.

Thats my 00002.0 cents worth

cheers :)

Sorry Danthuyer for stealing the lime light of ur post i just felt people are getting a bit to touch about this power topic so i just wanted to seal it as a done deal and if any newbies bring it up to just point them to my post.

Also thx for posting up ur dyno sheet.......very impressing. I'd b keen to see what a unichip will do for you now......u thinking about it ;-)