New Car Dealer Wanting to Cancel Contract!?

Saiya

Take it or Leave it?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

This relates from my previous post I did:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5215

I just got a call from my dealer informing me that my Conquest I have requested is not available in an 05 plate.

He explained to me that I can either have a full refund of my deposit OR pay an extra $700 and get an 06 plated model.

The total price drive away would bring it up to $26 600.

It comes with the options of Auto, ABS and Rear Spoiler including the normal Conquest features.

Is this a good deal? Take it or leave it?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Edit Arrrh, Can a Mod please edit the Poll I stuffed it up. :blink:

Edited by Saiya

well.. personally id say learn to drive a manual.. and get a stivo..

If you're set on an Auto Conquest.. tell the dealer you want a full refund..

you could also tell him you found it cheaper elsewhere.. dont go into specifics.. they have no right to ask you where your getting it cheaper..

it all depends how good your poker face is

Wheres noble toyota?

I think its the one in Chullora.

Noble Toyota

135 Hume Highway

Chullora NSW 2190

Thanks for the info guys. Ive called my dealer and told him its way too much. He said he will try and talk to his boss and get the price lower or thow in some extra's.

Ill keep ya's posted :)

Im gonna go around tomorrow morning with some other dealers and see what they can do.

Man I never thought buying a new car is this much mucking around. :huh:

Wheres noble toyota?

Thanks for the info guys. Ive called my dealer and told him its way too much. He said he will try and talk to his boss and get the price lower or thow in some extra's.

hahaha the ol' ill talk to my boss routine.. this shifts the blame to his boss.. so it looks as if the guy you're dealing with is busting his balls for you..

He will ring you back and tell you they can do it for the agreed price, plus some sort of extra..

PUSH FOR MORE!

tell him you have found it cheaper elsewhere.. or go elsewhere and tell them the price you have..

get another toyota to beat the original one

..and then some!

jst make sure u walk outta there satisfied mate.. dont rush it. at the end of the day its a big "investment" and your gona want to feel u walked away with a good deal.

be firm, dont take no $hit from em!

..and then some!

jst make sure u walk outta there satisfied mate.. dont rush it. at the end of the day its a big "investment" and your gona want to feel u walked away with a good deal.

be firm, dont take no $hit from em!

The whole reason they go "talk to the manager" is so they can suss out of you what your highest price is.

common phrase would be "Ok if i got to my manager with 26k and he accepts are you willing to sign today?" this way he has seen ur lowest price. often the "manager" isnt really th emanager but his mate who is playing the role for the day. It sjust a big game that they play with you to get the most $$$ from you.

you should say "lets see what he can do for me first" - remember ur the purchaser .. dont feel any pressure from them .. u need to reverse the situation and put the pressure on the dealer so they feel they need to sell u the car until they make minimal profit.

i got quoted $24k conquest auto driveaway without haggling but i got the ascent sport instead for 22k

Hey guys and gals just an update for ya's.

I am now a owner of a new Toyota Corolla Conquest 06 for $26,100, an extra $200 instead of the $700 (With options of Auto, ABS and spoiler and a full talk of fuel).

Hopfully will get it by the end of March.

They were more willing to negotiate when I politly said that I would like to cancel the contract due to the increase of price. The dealer was very professional though the whole process i was very impressed.

Ive been doing the figures and im saving about $3,800 of the total RRP including options. So I think its a prity good deal.

Just like to thank you all for the support :)

As soon as I get my ride ill post some pic's up :)