Jump to content

AC Button won't turn off?


Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I just picked up a 2007 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo today and I found out the AC Button doesn't seem to do anything, it's seem it is stuck on and when I press it the AC Light stays on, the aircon is nice and cold so no issues it just seems the button doesn't work, I was wondering what the problem could be? and should I be better off taking it to a Mechanic or straight to Toyota?

Here is a video showing the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t792JBVEqLo

All help is VERY appreciated!

Edited by Aurion2Envy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Update, I disconnected the battery and the AC turned off although the button still doesn't work, so now I'm stuck without aircon.... so the Button seems to just not do anything.

Edit: I just want to add that that all other switches/buttons work, the only button working is the button in the middle to turn on/off the AC, however the middle temp controller and fan and which vents you want all of those switches work.

Edited by Aurion2Envy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the button isn't communicating, or maybe it's jammed and not going in all the way? I have the upgrade ac controls, so not sure about this issue, but maybe just buy this? You'll save instead of going to Toyota.

http://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/191705873926

Link to post
Share on other sites

^ If you buy the digital type you'll also need to buy the A/C amplifier behind the glovebox or else the display won't work, and you also won't get hot air no matter what so that might not be an ideal solution ^_^

I'd say it sounds more like a relay problem. There's a small square relay in the engine bay fuse box which controls the A/C. It'd be worth replacing that first before anything else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey fellas thanks for the replies :), I went to an auto-electrician and they said they've seen the problem a few times and told me I would just need to replace the heater/ac controls so I went to the wreckers and had them replace it, so now everything is working.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 years later...

Hi All,

I got the same problem. May I know I may  have just replaced just the AC control 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-AURION-HEATER-AC-CONTROLS-GSV40R-CLIMATE-CONTROL-10-06-03-12/193685731577?hash=item2d1891b8f9:g:xHMAAOSwGihfcKwI#shpCntId

Or you needed to  replace  A/C amplifier  as well?

Many thanks.

Shan

Edited by Shan123
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shan123 said:

Hi All,

I got the same problem. May I know I may  have just replaced just the AC control 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-AURION-HEATER-AC-CONTROLS-GSV40R-CLIMATE-CONTROL-10-06-03-12/193685731577?hash=item2d1891b8f9:g:xHMAAOSwGihfcKwI#shpCntId

Or you needed to  replace  A/C amplifier  as well?

Many thanks.

Shan

I'd try the controls first and see if this fixes it before shelling out more money for something you may not need. Or if you're like me, I'd buy the amplifier too and keep it as a spare if you plan to keep the car a long time. I have a small hoard of spare parts for my 50 series already and I keep adding to the pile as I go. Doesn't hurt to have spare parts on hand when you need them in a hurry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I'd try the controls first and see if this fixes it before shelling out more money for something you may not need. Or if you're like me, I'd buy the amplifier too and keep it as a spare if you plan to keep the car a long time. I have a small hoard of spare parts for my 50 series already and I keep adding to the pile as I go. Doesn't hurt to have spare parts on hand when you need them in a hurry.

Many thanks Tony for your response and time. I went to a local mechanic and he said Amplifier for AC control needs replacing and it may cost over $1000. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shan123 said:

he said Amplifier for AC control needs replacing and it may cost over $1000. 

Is it made of Gold ?? I cannot see why it would cost that much. I would put money on it that some wreckers throw these out and never bother to remove them so I'd check with a local wrecker and see how much you can get it for.

It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to install it if you the inclination to do it yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Is it made of Gold ?? I cannot see why it would cost that much. I would put money on it that some wreckers throw these out and never bother to remove them so I'd check with a local wrecker and see how much you can get it for.

It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to install it if you the inclination to do it yourself.

Hi Tony,

Yes, I thought the same. I will give it a try. Much apricated again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Toyota Owners Club AU © 2020 | This Website has no association with Toyota (AU) or Toyota Motor Corporation. | Cookies | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership