Eye lid opinions...

TrentTRD320

Gee wizz... Seems like I'm the only bloke on earth who prefers these eyelids to be black. Even my wife prefers the body coloured ones.

I feel like the coloured versions are too much of an extension of the body work itself, it gives it an almost squinting in the sunlight look, my intention was to work the headlight shape without having to overflow the body colour.

I personally like it, but I suppose beauty's in the eye of the beholder.

Surely there's someone out there who agrees with me!!!!!!!

Way too many beers.

I agree with you, it sorta matches your lower black lip. Not sure the sportivos could pull that off, but I guess colour coding eyelids has become the 'norm' 

Evening gents...

So I was leaving work today and I've noticed the eyelids I put on miss320 were starting to come loose. It took just a little adjustment and pop, they've come straight off. If you live in Sydney you'll know we've had some brutally muggy weather with hot days and storms in the afternoon this past week. The tape that came with the eyelids looked strong enough but I'm umming and arring about even putting them back on. Without resorting to liquid nails can anyone recommend a decent mounting tape that can cope with some serious temperature change?

or should I just ditch the lids...

On 29/1/2016 at 8:21 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

3M outdoor grade.

I will add that after purchasing a roll of this, you'll want to use this stuff to mount everything. Removes rather cleanly too, without requiring Goof Off or anything like that.

The issue with these eyelids is that one side where it wraps around the headlight usually doesn't stay stuck down for long due to the tension being too strong for the tape to handle. This happened on the RH side (driver's) eyelid for me after about a week of parking in the sun at work, so in the end I smeared some clear silicone underneath the eyelid where it wraps around and it's stayed stuck down. Apart from that, the tape it came with has held up really well and there's no way they're coming off in a hurry. The 3M tape is really good stuff though, albeit expensive.

Eyelids are back on! Purchased some super strong outdoor grade 3M mounting tape from Bunnings. Expensive for what it is... Around $13 for a metre.

They aren't going anywhere. Ha!

Still keeping them black though...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok I've been beaten.

THE EYELIDS HAD TO COME OFF!!!

When I looked at miss320 all I could see were those eyelids sticking out like dogs bollocks! They looked good from far, but far from good up close. As you know I REALLY tried to make them work but they just looked awful. Had to go...

Now I've got burn marks in the headlight plastic from the 3M tape. Have to do a complete headlight freshen up to get rid of all the oxidized areas.

Yeah, yeah I know. I was so sure they were going to work with the matte black colour. The car seems a lot fresher without them now. I've just purchased a Meguire's headlight restoration kit from Supercheap. Time to get those lenses nice and clear again, the sun damaged plastic looks awful.

Edited by TrentTRD320
Amended