K&N SRI cleaning.

TrentTRD320

To all the members out there who've installed a K&N Typhoon SRI on their Aurions...

How often do you wash your pod filter? Every 5,000km or more? I installed my SRI around 6,000kms ago and it's been a brilliant addition to the car, it's really woken up that whine of the supercharger.

I'm just trying to forget how much of a ***** it was to fit! Anyone considering putting one on a TRD Aurion you'll need a lot of patience...

Just wondering when would be best to give the filter a wash. Are there any particular solvents or oils that should be used? Or isn't that nessassary with the Typhoon intakes?

Cheers guys.

Thanks mate, I did watch these videos earlier but thought I'd ask to see if anyone does it another way. I suppose it's best for the filter to use the genuine cleaners for them. Looks like I don't have to worry about cleaning it for a while though.

Hey guys, has anyone had any noticeable loss of power after installation of their Typhoon SRI? I realise they pretty much just add induction noise to the engine but curious to know some differing thoughts? I don't think mine has at all? 

I run a genuine K&N panel filter in my TRD. Personally Im not a fan running an under bonnet open air filter set up. Even though companies claim they are cold air inductions, the filter not being in a sealed unit is still going to suck in hot air. I love the supercharger whine you do recieve from a pod filter however. Power loss would be minimal. But mind you saying that, Any real noise from a supercharger is energy. Energy that you are loosing.