My 2007 Aurion Sportivo ZR6

GDude

Hey guys, here's my car. Bought it at the end of last year -- I currently own a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, but needing something that the missus can drive with my son in the back, I decided upon the Aurion Sportivo ZR6. We had a look at some Mazda3 SP25s, Honda Accord Euros and these cars. Surprisingly, my missus liked the Aurion the best! This after complaining she didn't like large cars lol. She just fell in love the second she sat in the driver's seat. So we bought one privately after taking a look at a few. This one seemed to be in the best condition mechanically -- the mechanic said it was top notch and the owner had kept all his log books up to date. So anyway, here it is. At the moment, it's completely stock. Having seen what a few of the other guys are doing with their cars, that will change -- nothing too major though :smile: Oh, and please excuse the quality of the photos.

046.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

067.JPG

068.JPG

070.JPG

062.JPG

• 1 month later...

Just got the wheels aligned and balanced and tyres rotated. It has made a HUGE difference to how the car drives! It doesn't pull to the left anymore -- it tracks in a straight line very well and I'm not fighting with the steering wheel anymore. The wheels were way out of balance and once they were balanced, it seems to have reduced my NVH levels. I know some cars pull to the left a lot as mentioned in the Aurion FAQ, but I'm hoping the alignment has fixed it and I'm not going to suffer the same problem and need further remedial work done. Real happy so far!

Edited by GDude
Wrong word
  • Like 1

The centre console was broken when I got the car -- it seems the previous owner hired some guys to install the aftermarket satnav head unit, but they did a terrible job! The cupholder was obviously broken off on the bottom and was glued back on. However, their shoddy work caused the lid of the cupholder to catch and stop halfway. I had to push it just a little to open it fully. Also, they installed head unit in such a way that the cigarette lighter lid didn't open at all without a push! The mounting points on the rear console underneath the armrest were also cracked/broken off, so that also needs to be replaced! Crikey! Anyway, I've replaced the centre console with one that works. It also doesn't have that horrible TRD sticker on it that the previous owner stuck on. Will sort out the rear console a bit further down the track...

badconsole.jpg

badconsole2.jpg

centreconsoles.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the Info and Pictures Jet..Glad you got the console sorted..nothing worse than seeing horrible work done on a beautiful car..Welcome to the Aurion forum as well..A lot on here with really beautiful motors

KAA

5 hours ago, KAA said:

Thanks for the Info and Pictures Jet..Glad you got the console sorted..nothing worse than seeing horrible work done on a beautiful car..Welcome to the Aurion forum as well..A lot on here with really beautiful motors

KAA

Thanks, mate. I'm just glad that parts for these cars are reasonably inexpensive, otherwise I'd be ******. Yeah, I'm very happy with the car otherwise and will be looking to copy some of the mods of some other guys on here :)