Kluger brakes fitted to Aurion sx6

Sportivo_05

image_zpsbtkjwe9m.jpeg

Aurion rotor on top of kluger rotor.

Brakes fitted. Every part was an exact fit. Caliper bracket exactly fits the hub, Rotors exactly fit the stud pattern. Hose fitting fits the kluger caliper exactly.. in short, it all fits. To bleed the new calipers I loosened each bleed screw after putting a clear tube on. They bubbled for a bit then mainly fluid with some bubbles came out then after pushing the pedal to the floor about 9-10 times for each side no more bubbles came out. Closed up bleed screws. Wheels on. Slow drive to test and bed in new pads and rotors. All good.

I used just under 2 500ml bottles of dot 3 fluid. There is plenty of space inside my 18 inch rims. The diffculty is only as hard as changing pads and bleeding brakes. 

Based on 1 slow, short drive the brakes feel similar to before the change which should be the case. Pads are similar to oem, nothing special. Happy to answer any questions. Its just not that hard.

• Like 2

You are the man!

That'll definitely be the first thing I do when I get my sportivo back from the 'beaters. When I had the TRD the price on rotors was extortionate, so I like the sound of vastly more affordable parts :)

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig this one up, but I just want to check what pads people are running with their upgraded calipers and how much dust they're putting out.
Finally bought a pair of calipers yesterday (can't rush into these things haha), rotors are on the way, and I'm slightly doing my head in looking locally and internationally for pads that won't dust up and scream all day long