My first car; a 2005 Corolla Sportivo!

26 minutes ago, Yayvid said:

Awesome effort with the rolla man! Rather jealous of white tivos. Recently did coilovers myself just to fix old original struts but now the mod bug has bitten *sigh.

WA represent

You joined the WA corolla Sportivo club man? Look it up on Facebook if you can, we're having a cruise in a few weeks and would love to see you there! WA rep mate ;)

• Like 1

Sorry for the long post but well overdue for an update. It's frustrating really because i've got all these mad photos and they're missing things i've done since then! I've vinyl'd my foglights in yellow as many have done and also painted both front and rear Toyota badges gloss black.
hope everyone's doing mad modz and hitting lift safely ;)
URL]a>_MG_0945_zpsof8rmbas.jpg

_MG_0920_zpsnubnpqwh.jpg

_MG_0916_zpsmxtaj2g5.jpg

_MG_0951_zpsqqvoilxt.jpg

_MG_0925_zpsqqbzaxm5.jpg

14107694_1189091567820344_20888650454995

• 5 months later...

Thought I'd make an update with the few mods I've done in the last week and will be doing over the next month or so!

i have installed the extended pushrod for the clutch, a TWM short shifter and am now chasing a weighted knob! Any reccomendations would be appreciated !

i also installed a set of BC racings coilovers which I got for a fantastic price, could not believe the change in the cars handling. Easily the best upgrade I've done for the car.

Greddy V-Manage ecu has arrived and will be installed in the car hopefully by the end of this week, just when I have time to do it! I have a new clutch for no reason but I desire an upgrade, chose the Exedy Heavy duty clutch with the Xtreme lightened flywheel. In the future I'd love to build the engine and the gearbox, but this is quite a time away I believe.

hope everyone is doing well and modding hard ;)

thought it was worth a note I had a pricey mechanic trip, had both front driveshafts replaced with new hubs and bearings to go aswell!

Edited by Chain

16710346_1482285845124404_1278001229_o.j
Exedy HD

16667605_1482285828457739_869869829_o.jp

Extreme Lightened Flywheel

16651087_1482298115123177_1935901728_o.j

Greddy V-Manage piggyback ecu, gonna be mad ;)

Anddddddddd a recent photo (2 months old) but a personal favourite of mine. I have got rid of the lowdown banner and replaced it with my own glossblack banner with a few neat stickers, will be putting photos up no doubt soon.

Stivo%202.jpg

On 2/9/2017 at 5:26 PM, kramersteen said:

I have a question, How the **** do you keep your transmission from exploding? :tongue:

I don't drive like a gimp really, i've dealt with bad gears and rev match a fair bit so i do my best to prevent it
If you're dropping your car into second @ 90kms and **** then eventually you're gonna have issues, if im having a bit of fun ill drop from sixth to third because on freeways that's straight into lift and alot of fun to surprise people. It's not doing harm and i wouldn't do it unless i knew it was fine. At the end of the day it's all for fun and i drive it the way it's meant to be driven.

17 hours ago, Squalled said:

Loving it!! :laugh:

It's so good man!

its nice looking. love those treads.

I wasn't overly harsh on mine. even when it ****** out it was just driving out of Woolworths car park. Who knows what the previous owner did. Mine wasnt the gears that ****** out but rather the diff. Who knows but its costly when it does happen.

• 2 months later...

Well a long overdue update is in order i'd say. I have had a very expensive past month or so with such being done;

>V-manage ecu Tuned and fitted, this was an absolute **** around to do and all though it's fantastic, find someone who knows what they're doing as the tuner's i went to had no idea what they were doing pretty much.
>Brand new Exedy HD clutch and Xtreme Performance Lightweight Flywheel
>Brand new DBA Slotted T2 rotors both Front and Rears
>A NEW GEARBOX

Gearbox went on the drive home after the tune, was stupidly dissapointed as i had already had a terrible day dealing with the tuner joint messing me around with their prices and claims of how poorly the ecu fitting had gone. Found a new gearbox within a week with only 115kms on it from an 05. It's all fitted now and it's running perfect so i can't be too dissapointed. I'll put some photo's up soon as i've done a few aesthetic changes, i look foward to putting them up! Heres how it was sitting prior to the gearbox deleting itself.

CAR_3927.jpg

1 hour ago, Blacksheep said:

How long did it take to tune?  What were the gains like?  I'm interested as I was offered to buy a V-manage with base map.

Gains so far are fantastic man, don't expect a stupid amount of power straight up but it made a difference, To be honest, it's honestly up to you if you think its worth it. If you track your car or enjoy a spirited drive i couldn't recommend it more. It is an absolute **** around (for me anyway) to have it put in, find someone who can and has done it before. i can't stress that enough.

Good to hear man.  Do you have a screenshot of the dyno plot?

That's the hard part... finding someone who has experience tuning the 2zzge using Vmanage or even the PowerFC.

• 2 weeks later...

Turning into the ultimate tivo. Be a sick buy when you decide to move on and sell. 

Did you notice any fuel economy gains after the ecu/tune? Do you know how many hours of dyno time it had? 

22 hours ago, Yayvid said:

Turning into the ultimate tivo. Be a sick buy when you decide to move on and sell. 

Did you notice any fuel economy gains after the ecu/tune? Do you know how many hours of dyno time it had? 

This is a long term project for me, and one day i plan on building and boosting it. Long time away though. I get tempted to sell it but i honestly love it, theres nothing else around like it and everything done is done by me, making it an extremely personal build. Could be wrong but isn't yours for sale dude? Please don't sell it i need more tivo mates hahaha. Fuel economy is the same atm dude,haven't been worried about it to be honest so it's running as normal as far as i can tell.

On 4/20/2017 at 7:20 PM, Blacksheep said:

Good to hear man.  Do you have a screenshot of the dyno plot?

That's the hard part... finding someone who has experience tuning the 2zzge using Vmanage or even the PowerFC.

I'll try find someone soon enough man. And i didn't grab a dyno sheet man, i was mostly looking for torque power figures.

19 hours ago, Chain said:

This is a long term project for me, and one day i plan on building and boosting it. Long time away though. I get tempted to sell it but i honestly love it, theres nothing else around like it and everything done is done by me, making it an extremely personal build. Could be wrong but isn't yours for sale dude? Please don't sell it i need more tivo mates hahaha. Fuel economy is the same atm dude,haven't been worried about it to be honest so it's running as normal as far as i can tell.

Only wondered since a with a stand alone ecu you can really get good economy dialed in (even though the are plenty good on juice). Yeah it was mine for sale cos I moved to Melbourne. It didn't sell so i sent it over. Repping WA plates until I get get forced to change it over. 

• 1 month later...

UPDATE FOR THE BOYS

So past few weeks, I've done a few things,
-New Double Halo Angel eyes, change to a bright orange when indicating aswell ,looks **** awesome IMO
- Bumper quick releases because my clips were ruined
-The Lowdown Limited edition (personal preference)
-Pair of Hellatones mounted behind grill
-Fully sik Yokohama Sportivo tyre lettering
-Slimline tinted weathersheilds 
-DBA T2 Slotted Rotors (not sure if i've mentioned this in the past)
-HID's replaced with LED globes all around
- Smoked side indicators

Also have a suprise coming in the week, very excited to say the least as besides wheels i don't have much else i would like to do (realistically) until i get another car. One day i'll boost this car, i do plan on keeping it for a long time and its not something i'm looking at selling. I was meant to be doing two track days in the past few weeks, first one was cancelled and the second one was boycotted due to a late notice (**** night before) price increase of over 200% for one day.

Here's my favourite photos of how the car's sitting right now, cheers guys and i will update when my MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD upgrade is here next week

5 - gLFzAtJ.jpg

4 - Q8Ks25a.jpg

Edited by Chain

Oooooo what's the surprise? :tongue:

I'd be keen to see the double Halo Angel eyes in action, that sounds so mad!

Loving all these new pics man.

Look's so good mate ..totally agree with the boycott..what a rip off for all who wish to just enjoy the freedom of a track day..looking forward to the big surprise too

Keep well

KAA

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE BECAUSE SATURDAYS ARE FOR THE BOYS

Most recent mod: Recaro SR3's in Leather with Red stitching on Bride Rails! Protected by Bowden's Detailing line for leather care.
Also put in a fire extinguisher for those track days down to maccas, was a really clean install and ill see if i can get a photo soon :)
Tyre letters were installed a few weeks back but heres a close up shot of them anyway!

Cheers love you all

19467850_1656039031082417_8472257489259701989_o.jpg

19724077_1657646960921624_1539699998_o.jpg

19619932_1657646867588300_205769931_o.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 8:25 AM, Jackles said:

How much power does the car make and also great build 

i made 157 on a 'true reading' dyno man, on a more generous dyno such as those who achieve 180 ect it would be closer to the 200hp atw man.
Sounds pretty low but its all about power to weight, was never purchased as a fast car just wanted something i can have a bit of fun in and send it around the track and make some good times!

Some updated photos, all pretty average quality sorryboutit :)) Also i apologize for my calves, im ashamed too

23715013_1836507366368915_1926278310_o.jpg

23660337_1836507329702252_748499917_o.jpg

23660177_1836507536368898_792904241_o.jpg

23659754_1836507433035575_1449714742_o.jpg

23627405_1836507503035568_1519364544_o.jpg

Edited by Chain

Hello from Ireland! I have a 2004 T-Sport which is similar to the Sportivo. Heres a pic:

DSC_0134.thumb.JPG.7cef3f9d264ff8de88a03dedf06eb230.JPG

I have been looking at a few build threads on here, its cool to see all these corollas on the other side of the planet.

What do you think are the best mods for the corolla? Im also looking for BC Racing coilovers, do you remember the model or part number of your coilovers?

What do these cars need for a track day?

Thanks!

On 11/19/2017 at 9:37 PM, pw96 said:

I have been looking at a few build threads on here, its cool to see all these corollas on the other side of the planet.

What do you think are the best mods for the corolla? Im also looking for BC Racing coilovers, do you remember the model or part number of your coilovers?

What do these cars need for a track day?

Thanks!

Honestly the don't need alot, get some decent oil into the motor (5w40 full Synthetic is what i use) and into the box (i run 75w-90 with nulon g70) and you're pretty much set

My basic go would be;
Intake, Exhaust, Coilovers, Rear Sway bar and some decent tyres
Or even Tyres and Coilovers, can't go wrong :))

• 1 year later...