Imported Estima questsion?

FrostByte

Morning, im looking at purchasing one of these estimas.

the one that im interested in is the all wheel drive 2008 Toyota Estima Aeras GSR55W.

Questions. are there compatible spares available locally?

the 3.5ltr easy to get parts for?

or should i stay towards a particular type of import because of access to parts?

Personally, I love my Estima, but every mechanic I have taken it do has told me to steer clear of import vehicles. I've only had to replace two things, and both were headaches. A new windscreen proved difficult to find, and they ended up gluing my old one back in after taking it out (I forget why it was supposed to be replaced). Now I dread ever having a chip in case I need to replace it.  I had to replace the timing belt, and that took 6 weeks to find the right one in Australia, so all that time I was without a car. (Mine is a 2001 Estima MRC30, so maybe it is harder for older vehicles...not sure about yours.)

Edited by Tarago_owner

Wow, couldn't find a windscreen? I had the misfortune of getting a stone in the windscreen of mine just 2 weeks before rego. Went to Instant Windscreens and they fitted one in a couple of hours. Just over 300 bucks. The MCR30/40 Estima is the same as the the Tarago so most of the parts are the same. The only difference in the windscreens between the Estima one and the Tarago one which I got is that I no longer have the heating element in the area where the window wiper blades sit. Not needed in Aussie climate anyway.

As for original poster's question I'd say the post 2006 Estima in most ways is also the same as the Aussie Tarago so no real headaches with spares.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2016 at 6:49 PM, DAY50K said:

Wow, couldn't find a windscreen? I had the misfortune of getting a stone in the windscreen of mine just 2 weeks before rego. Went to Instant Windscreens and they fitted one in a couple of hours. Just over 300 bucks. The MCR30/40 Estima is the same as the the Tarago so most of the parts are the same. The only difference in the windscreens between the Estima one and the Tarago one which I got is that I no longer have the heating element in the area where the window wiper blades sit. Not needed in Aussie climate anyway.

You may also find that the glass is a different colour even though it is the same shape.  Some places may not care about that distinction, others will.

I have a 2001 Estima v6 with the 1mzfe.

Water pump, Timing belt, Trans Sump gasket and filter all changed easy to find. Just gotta find yourself a good autospares guy.

Stay away from the franchise one because they struggle sometimes like autobarn etc.

I had a tranmission issue like it was shifting incorrectly. Had trouble finding a transmission that matched up. Heaps of cheap ones out there for

around $300 bucks but the camry,avalon,Lexus es300 all had diffreent codes on them so didnt want to risk purchase.

In the end flushing fluid and new filter seemed to done the job.

I love the Estima. Looks good with 19 inch deep dish wheels, full climate control.Body Kit from factory. Automatic doors, Exhaust . Adjustable headlight level.

Happy buying

Hi

Tarago parts can be quite expensive even second hand parts, however they are around you just have to keep looking or find a parts dealer that deals specifically in tarago parts I have worked on the 91 models and found them quite easy to work with.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 ACR30 (2.4 ltr, same as Tarago) vehicles and have had no problems with parts.

One had another driver on a red light turn across me on a green light, body panels / radiator / grill / headlight were all easy to get.

Local Toyota dealership claimed that they would have to come from Japan, take 6+ weeks and cost unknown.

I avoid Toyota dealerships.

• 2 years later...

Hi. Im looking for a fuel injector for my toyota estima 2002 MCR30 V6. So hard to find them in Australia. Anyone knows where to get one? Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi I have a 2006 GSR50W 3.5l Estima I was wondering if anyone knows about the sliding door rollers mine are getting clunky and I'm curious if the Tarago was the same both doors are automatic. TIA

NICK

• 2 weeks later...
  1. try to steer away toyota dealership unless  u just buy off with P/N.  the dealership act like this since i start buying grey import 20yrs ago.  i know its frustration.  
  2. they are exactly like tarago sold locally, but just more equipped.  the only difference is the 2.4's transmission as estima is CVT after ACR50.