Just another '05 Stivo 2.4

Cam93

Completely stock, nothing special, but tossing up whether or not I should enter into some of the local street sprints. In order to do that, I would do the Kluger brake upgrade with some slotted DBA discs (I'm a DBA fanboy alright), new bushes all round, they're on their way out anyway, a bit of strengthening, people seem to recommend upgrading the rear sway bar for best results and finally a second set of wheels wrapped in semi slicks. It won't be fast or competitive, but it will be a good bit of fun for a reasonable price.

By no means is it in mint condition, was a family car previously, looks like it's been reversed into carpark walls a few times, roof paint faded, spoiler clear coat peeled off (looks matte now), rear drivers door been replaced after being opened on a pole, it's now a darker shade of red with an unpainted handle from I think, a non-sportivo camry. Plenty of chips and scratches on the front, more marks that look like it hit something, plenty of marks in the doors from hitting other cars and other car doors hitting mine.

Fixed the clock in the center console today, couple of solders needed touching up, there's a how-to in the Camry section somewhere, follow those instructions, ez-pz. Next on the DIY list, restoring the headlights and reattaching the foglight that hasn't been clipped in properly.

12919356_10206009602301106_206597774_o.jpg

badge breaking.jpg

hazed foglight & bumper scratch.jpg

Wheelgap.jpg

Gatton, Oakey, Pittsworth and Leyburn, maybe take it out to Morgan Park as well on the Wednesday Free Practice sessions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2016 at 10:10 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

I would assume you are over the gap or the range then?

Soz man didn't get a notification, I'm in Toowoomba.

On another note, my driver's side electric window winds the window down really slowly, sometimes coming to a stop after about an inch. Does anyone know if I would need a new motor or if I just need to clean something in the door, it has had the recall done, not sure when though.

• 1 month later...

Just realised I have a spare door sitting there, would I be able to swap the motor from the old rear drivers door into the drivers door?

Thanks, looking on ebay, they seem to be different between the front and rear doors, but fairly cheap if I do have to replace it

• 2 weeks later...

So uhh, Toyota decided that yes, I do need a new window motor, at a cost of $812. Eight hundred and twelve dollars. Replaced the car battery which was on its way out (not taking/holding charge very well), what do ya know, the window is working fine now.

As for the Kluger upgrade, is it as simple as going to the wreckers, asking for a pair of Kluger front callipers, then getting Kluger discs and pads? Or is there anything else I will need to get or need to know?

3 hours ago, Cam93 said:

As for the Kluger upgrade, is it as simple as going to the wreckers, asking for a pair of Kluger front callipers, then getting Kluger discs and pads? Or is there anything else I will need to get or need to know?

That's it.

• 1 month later...

Booked in for Tuesday to get the XR6 wheels fitted and balance properly with the centre bearings as well as some bushes replaced with nolathane ones, some dust boots and the water pump replaced.

Also repainted the grille and in the front valance black, pretty subtle, im happy with how it turned out.

black grille 1.jpg

black grille 2.jpg

black grille 3.jpg

• Like 1

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 0:44 PM, Cam93 said:

Awesome, how much should a set of used callipers set me back?

It's really hard to say as wreckers charge what they want. Just ring around and try get the best price.